ID:293396

BYOND Build Number: the newest 432.1007
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
Game Hub/Link: the game is resident evil online 2
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers: Thomson speedtouch510alt

Problem Description: when i start dream seeker and click host.. it doesnt open .. also when i enter bin folder and want to open dream seeker it doesnt open

Steps to Reproduce Problem: please help !
Drasticxx wrote:
Problem Description: when i start dream seeker and click host.. it doesnt open ..

What doesn't open?
Could you describe exactly what happens (including all error messages, all pop ups and dialogues)?

Drasticxx wrote:
also when i enter bin folder and want to open dream seeker it doesnt open

You shouldn't have to do that anyway.
You open the pager (via the Byond.exe) and the rest is done from there, or through your browser.

Drasticxx wrote:

That's not a step to reproduce the problem, now it it?

You forgot to mention the operating system you're running.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Drasticxx wrote:
Problem Description: when i start dream seeker and click host.. it doesnt open ..

What doesn't open?
Could you describe exactly what happens (including all error messages, all pop ups and dialogues)?

Drasticxx wrote:
also when i enter bin folder and want to open dream seeker it doesnt open

You shouldn't have to do that anyway.
You open the pager (via the Byond.exe) and the rest is done from there, or through your browser.

Drasticxx wrote:

That's not a step to reproduce the problem, now it it?

You forgot to mention the operating system you're running.

first .. i cant run dreamseeker.exe and in byond there isnt a "start dreamseeker.exe" choice in file .. so i open it by opening a game .. then when i press host.. in the lower right it doesnt open .. i want to edit the port from 0 to 3225 so i can play !! but when i click host it wont open. :( and how do i know whata the operating system ?
In response to Drasticxx
Drasticxx wrote:
first .. i cant run dreamseeker.exe and in byond there isnt a "start dreamseeker.exe" choice in file .. so i open it by opening a game

That is exactly how it is supposed to be.
You do not have to worry about opening any programs, just open the BYOND pager and there select a game.

Drasticxx wrote:
.. then when i press host.. in the lower right it doesnt open

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
What doesn't open?

Drasticxx wrote:
.. i want to edit the port from 0 to 3225 so i can play !!

If you want to play, you should not need to host a game.
Are there any live games that you could join?

Drasticxx wrote:
but when i click host it wont open. :(

Again, terms like "it", "thing", "open", "work" are not helpful when describing a software related problem.
The person trying to help would have to assume what you meant, but assumptions can be wrong.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:

If you use the name of something to describe it, you will make sure everyone knows what you are talking about.

Drasticxx wrote:
and how do i know whata the operating system ?

When you start your computer, that should be displayed (most likely).
Something along the lines of Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista...
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Drasticxx wrote:
first .. i cant run dreamseeker.exe and in byond there isnt a "start dreamseeker.exe" choice in file .. so i open it by opening a game

That is exactly how it is supposed to be.
You do not have to worry about opening any programs, just open the BYOND pager and there select a game.

Drasticxx wrote:
.. then when i press host.. in the lower right it doesnt open

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
What doesn't open?

Drasticxx wrote:
.. i want to edit the port from 0 to 3225 so i can play !!

If you want to play, you should not need to host a game.
Are there any live games that you could join?

Drasticxx wrote:
but when i click host it wont open. :(

Again, terms like "it", "thing", "open", "work" are not helpful when describing a software related problem.
The person trying to help would have to assume what you meant, but assumptions can be wrong.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:

If you use the name of something to describe it, you will make sure everyone knows what you are talking about.

Drasticxx wrote:
and how do i know whata the operating system ?

When you start your computer, that should be displayed (most likely).
Something along the lines of Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista...

i have windows xp professional .. and also this link http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=30262 couldnt help me .. i dont have the thief file . :( so what do i do ?
In response to Drasticxx
You should read that article more careful.
The file given was an example, meaning it should be substituted by whatever game you wanted to open.

Yo did not explain what you really intended to do though.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
You should read that article more careful.
The file given was an example, meaning it should be substituted by whatever game you wanted to open.

Yo did not explain what you really intended to do though.

ok listen ... now i tryed to open another games in dream seeker and it worked even if i hit host it opens .. but when i open resident evil online 2 it says :

* Your host files are outdated. please check the hub or forums for new ones. *

what should i do ??? and when it says that i try to click host and it wont open ..

now another thing happened here :

Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 432.1007)
World opened on network port 7534.
BYOND hub reports port 7534 can be reached by players.

BYOND hub reports port 7534 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com.

thats what happened when i tried to host .. please help !!!!