ID:293427

Operating System: Windows XP
Website Browser and Build Number: FireFox and IE
URL/Link to problem page(s): http://www.byond.com/games/Dragonn/DBF (Any server with Patch 2)

Problem Description: This happened today, i can`t join to game, it says "Dream seeker is too far out of date. (Get the latest and greatest at byond.com) and that`s all... Can`t join.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Reinstalled byond twice, was deleting all files by my self, cleaned Cache folder, Reboot my comp.
Greetings Antary.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

For future reference, please make sure that you're posting in the appropriate sub-forum, as this is not really a problem with the BYOND website, but rather with the BYOND software.

As you failed to include the Version of BYOND you're using, we can't give you any advice, when this seems to be the problem at hand.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.

Edit:
It seems that they are using an experimental build of BYOND that you can find here.
This might be the issue you're experiencing, but please make sure that you understand the restrictions of that version before you install it.
BYOND Build Number: 432.1007

Operating System: Windows Vista home premium service pack 1

Video/Graphics Card: Intel graphics media accelerator driver.

Game Hub/Link: Http://www.byond.com/games/Dragonn/DBF#online

Website browser and build number: Firefox version 3.0.5

Internet Connection Type: Netgear wireless (Upload 3827 Kb/s Download 379 Kb/s)

Firewalls/Routers: Wireless router. Default windows vista firewall. Hasn't Interfered with byond connections before.

Problem Description: About 4 days ago tried to connect to the Dragon Ball Finale server and it connected but didn't initialize the interface it simply said dream seeker is to far out of date (get the latest and greatest version from byond.com). I don't think there is anything else that would of interfered with the problem like downloads and stuff because i haven't downloaded anything a good week or two before the problem occured.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of byond and i followed all of the steps for byond crashes and incompatibilities.

Can you help me with this please i have been having this problem since the server changed to patch 2 or w/e. Now it is version 26 but version 26 is probably just patch 2 with updates.

In response to Rapidz
Greetings Rapidz.

As I wrote in my reply to the original poster:
It seems that they are using an experimental build of BYOND that you can find [on the Announcement forum of the Developer section].
(...)please make sure that you understand the restrictions of that version before you install it.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
So what you are saying is that i wont be able to join the server until the next update is available?

I don't know a lot about the codes and stuff in byond. And i also tried to join one of the DBF test servers a little while ago and it said that i must update to byond 430 or above to play. So it seems that the connection problem is different because dreem seeker actually opens up.
In response to Rapidz
The "patch 2" servers of DBF seem to be using an experiemental build of BYOND.
So, technically, you could update right away, but I would not advice it, as these versions might contain bugs and unless you are a "tech-savvy" user, you might find yourself bothered using a non stable version of BYOND.

That is something you'd have to discuss with the person who created the game I fear.
Thanks a bunch man.

Seriously thanks you've been really helpfull.

People don't care about bugs, or anything of that matter. As long as they can get into their favorite game and hit those pbags. =P
In response to Mikau
If that would be true, this forum would be senseless.