ID:293431

Problem Description:
For some odd reason it keeps telling me i need the latest ver of byond but i have it and it keeps saying i need to download the new ver of byond. Can anyone help me with this?
Although I can't pin point the exact post, this was addressed yesterday or the day before. There is an experimental build of BYOND right now, which is more recent than the public version of BYOND right now. It seems some people have decided to host their games using this experimental build.

I'm not sure why they would use a non-public version to host their game, but you may have to wait until the version they are hosting with becomes publicly available, or attempt to use the experimental build.

No, I can't tell you where to download the experimental build, and I am not recommending it. Experimental builds are for testing purposes, and shouldn't be used unless you have knowledge and experience with bug testing.
Greetings Chao2262.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

As Mikau has mentioned, there is an experimental build available to the public, so this could be the reason. But that should only happen sporadically. If this issue is persistent through all games, then we are bound to need more information on your system to get from blind guessing to estimated guessing.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.