ID:293450

I didnt know where to post this, but I thought it was a BYOND website problem?

Problem:I recently tried changing my gender to male, because I set it as female for some testing when I made the key. I saved the key gender as male several days ago, and my key gender is still female.
:

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I tried reinstalling BYOND, I tried deleting the game save files, nothing works.
You'll want to go here. There's a drop down menu to change your gender. It's free too, unlike the operation in real life. Not that I'm suggesting you had one or anything.
In response to Mikau
I understood his posting that he tried this and it did not work. Now, I'm left puzzled.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Well on the Byond site it says I am male, but when I join games it makes me female which is getting annoying
In response to BananasInPajamas
Just to make sure, you tried joining a new (one that you had not yet joined before) game after you changed the gender as some games might save the old value.

Could you try to open up Dream maker and copy paste this:
mob
verb
ShowGender()
world << usr.gender

What's the result if you compile, run and hit ShowGender?
In response to BananasInPajamas
BananasInPajamas wrote:
Well on the Byond site it says I am male, but when I join games it makes me female which is getting annoying

As you stated, the gender on the website for your key is Male.

There could be several reasons why this isn't propagating into games. Any game you started could have saved your previously set gender into a save file and is loading that every time you login.

Or perhaps your key.txt isn't being updated with information about your key. Close off all BYOND applications and navigate to your My Documents/BYOND folder and delete the key.txt. Then when you relogin into the pager, you'll be forced to re-add all your keys (by logging into them). This should re-propagate your keys and thus, their set genders.