ID:293452

BYOND Build Number:4.32.1007
Operating System:Windows NT 4/Windows 98
Sound Card:Crystal SoundFusion (IBM thinkpad 570)
Problem Description:Any games I play that are supposed to play music and sound don't. I'm pretty sure the sound card works, as other applications can play sound but BYOND doesn't. I also made sure to check the "Download Music and Sound Effects" but it doesn't fix the problem, even when unchecked. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank You
As a first step, do you have means to check and see if the sound/music-files get downloaded?
If you'd tell me the game (and version if there are multiple) that you're trying to connect to, I could download it myself and then we could compare file size.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
As a first step, do you have means to check and see if the sound/music-files get downloaded?
If you'd tell me the game (and version if there are multiple) that you're trying to connect to, I could download it myself and then we could compare file size.

It's an offline game and it's not compiled, I have all the source; but it works fine on someone else's computer.
In response to Gweepypig
But you did try several other released games, right (just to make sure)?
So, would there be a chance to test and compare one of these?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Yeah I tryed playing Teh Blobz by Vexonater.
In response to Gweepypig
When you try to join this server, how big is the resource file you're downloading with "Download music and sound files" checked?
2301355 bytes, or more/less?
I have a suggestion that might help. Open up any game in Dream Seeker that allows you to access the Options & Messages window (most do); you can get to it usually by right-clicking on the entry in your Windows task bar. From there, go to the Client menu and choose Command..., then type in the following:

.configure sound on

Does that end up fixing the problem in games that have sound?

Lummox JR