ID:293455

Hi. I'm new to this website and I really want to play Pokemon Red-Steel on it. I already downloaded the latest version of BYOND, and I made an account. I went to the game and clicked on Join. The BYOND thing pops up saying Logging in...
I wait for like an hour but it's still logging in. It might have to do with the fact that. I opened BYOND Build your own Net Dream. I typed in my account name and my password and I click Login. It then says BYOND Hub : Connection Failed.
Please reply back and tell me what I can do to fix this. Thx
Greetings Overlord.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

A blind guess (as you did not provide information) would be problems with your firewall or router, if you have any, thus this article might help you.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: 440.1018
Operating System: Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft
*memory: 64.0MB
Game Hub/Link:http://www.byond.com/games/UnknownDuelist/ DuelMonstersUnlimited(is this right?)
Internet Connection Type:PROLINK ADSL2+ Modem/Router(is this considered as DSL?)
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall

Problem Description:
What is my exact problem?
In Duel Monsters Unlimited, when i click on "Play Now" a blue box appears and it says Logging in...
i wait for hours but it still stays the same
When i Log In in BYOND Build Your Own Net Dream in my computer, the box below says BYOND(440.1018) Error: failed to open server port! And when i type my username and password and click on login, it says BYOND Hub:Connection failed.

HELP!!!
When did this problem start to happen?
It happened when i first downloaded BYOND and installed it

Did I make any changes to my system directly before this happened?
not really

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
when i installed BYOND this is what happened

HELP!!!!!
In response to Ernest0213
Please have a look at the threads [link] and [link] read through them carefully and see if the suggestions manage to fix your issues, or provide replies to the questions asked in there here.
i allowed BYOND and its other applications in windows firewall but it still didnt work
HELP!!!
I should have been a bit more precise maybe.
Would you be kind and answer all the questions asked in both of these threads?
well...
i cant play non-BYOND games and i also cant join a host server
If you can't play any on-line games, this would indicate trouble with either your firewall, your router, or your connection to the internet and nothing BYOND specific at that.
can you help me with that?
That could have a multitude of reasons.
Who set up the computer and the internet?
my dad did
I can play non-BYOND games before but the computer contracted a virus resulting to my father to re-format the computer. And now i cant play any online games.
I would guess one of three things there.
a) Your father installed some sort of "parental protection utility".
b) Your father increased the security measures and strictly forbid outbound and inbound connection other than on port 80/8080.
c) An error occurred while reinstalling.

Both, A and B might be able to get fixed by asking him.
C would be tricky, but kind of hard for anyone to assist with that does not have direct root access.
i think its C
do i have to re-format it?
I can not come up with a decent reply, as I'm completely unaware of the damage done to the system.
As a second note though, did you double check that your father did not install additional security, like a second firewall?
my father said that windows firewall is the only one running and he said he'll check the computer later to lower the security in our computer. hopefully it will work.
Ernest0213 wrote:
my father said that windows firewall is the only one running and he said he'll check the computer later to lower the security in our computer. hopefully it will work.
K ive done this already and now i can log in
but when i log in, it says

Logging in....Connecting to byond://218.159.240.31:4431...failed

BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.
So, after your father changed the settings, do you still get the same error message on the server port failure when trying to log on your pager?
nope i can log in perfectly now
the only problem now is that i cant play games
when i play Duel Monsters Unlimited it says
launching Dream Seeker and it stays like that for some reason
Please open your Pager, go to File->Preferences->Advanced and tell me what it says in each of the three fields.
Hub Address:(none)
This is the network address of the BYOND Hub, which is used for all player- and game-tracking

Pager Port: 2000
This is used to allow the BYOND Hub to contact your pager. If you are behind a firewall, you may need to set a fixed port and setup your firewall accordingly.

User directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Nigel\My Documents\BYOND\

This is where BYOND stores all user configuration information and “my hub”[game library]downloads
Page: 1 2