ID:293469

BYOND Build Number:if you mean the byond version then 435.1011
Operating System:what do you mean by this? if you mean what type of computer i use, its microsoft, windows XP.
Video/Graphics Card:i dont know and even if i did, my problem doesnt have to do with it.
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type: broadband or dsl, i know its high-speed though
Firewalls/Routers:both my firewalls allow byond, and my router has never given me problems with it before, and i dont even think i got one.

Problem Description: it says byond central is not assessable all the time, and it says im offline.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:i cant reproduce it
Can you please try to clear your cache? I find the simplest way however is to do it through the pager. Simply click File, and locate the preferences. Click the tab called 'Games' and there is a 'clear cache' button.

Give that a try, restart the pager and see if it works. If not come back here and we can try something else. Even if it does work, you should come back and say if it did. A lot of the time we're left in the dark as to whether a problem was fixed or not and we have to assume it either worked, or the person gave up and took up a ski-ball hobby.
In response to Mikau
It didnt work,this actualy started about 2 days ago, right after i downloaded this version.
In response to Pokenar
You stated in the template that you have 2 firewalls, and you aren't sure if you have a router. Could you possibly tell me what these firewalls are and make sure they are allowing BYOND. I know it seems redundant, but sometimes a new version of a program isn't allowed when an old version is. You have to double check.

Could you also follow the internet cord from the back of your computer until it reaches the box that it's connected to? We'll need to know what that box is because most modems have internal routers with firewalls. When we know what the modem is, we can tell you how to access the internal settings, and find out if that's the problem.
In response to Mikau
Ok, one of the firewalls is the one built in, which is off, and nortons firewall, which i checked right after i updated, it is ok and my modem is a siemens gigases SE567
In response to Pokenar
The Gigases SE567 is a wireless modem with a built in firewall. You should be able to access it by clicking here or by typing 192.168.1.254 into your address bar. Since you didn't know about this, I'm just going to assume that the username/password are default, which are usually just admin//password(the password being 'password'). Give that a try, and you should be able to click a few menu options and find the firewall. Try to allow BYOND, or you can turn it off if you like(I don't suggest it, but it is an option). See if that helps at all.
In response to Pokenar
Whenever this problem comes up it pretty much always turns out to be a firewall issue. Most firewalls come with the ability to look at a program's hash (usually MD5) to see if it has changed, and they won't allow programs that have been modified to have Internet access unless the hash checking is turned off or the information is updated. Ostensibly this is to protect against viral infection, but realistically it's just a pain. I recommend turning off such version checks for BYOND's programs (byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, dreamdaemon.exe) and for anything else you might update frequently. Make sure you've done this on all of your firewalls and the problem should be resolved.

Lummox JR
In response to Mikau
Now ive run into another problem, I keep getting a network timeout with the link and manual doesnt work, but i got a question, im on a shared network, the other computer it probly the main one, do i need to use that one to get into it? and does its firewall effect my computer?
In response to Pokenar
If you're asking if the other computers firewall will effect the computer you're on now, then the answer is no. However, if you're asking if the firewall built into the modem will effect your computer, then yes. It's irrelevant however which computer you call your 'main' computer because they all have equal standing as far as the modem is concerned.

I'm not sure however if you were able to access the menu at all. You might need to find out the address yourself, I just went by the information that PortForward.com provided.

What you'll want to do is go into the 'applications' area of your start menu under programs, and click the command prompt option. Once you're in there type 'ipconfig' and hit enter, it will give you a bunch of information. Specifically 4 lines.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . . . . .
IP address. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You will want to look at the last option which is the default gateway. If the address I gave you to access your modem was right, then this gateway address should be the same. However, I was relying on the internet for information, so I could be wrong.

Take the number that is at the end of the ". . . . ." and enter it into your browser's address bar. This should give you access to your modem. Once in there, you'll want to check out the firewall issues. (remember: the username/password is likely just admin/password)
In response to Mikau
i couldnt get to the ipconfig place the way you told me, so i used run, it came up correctly but, it was blank.
In response to Pokenar
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

Sorry, I think in my last post I wrote 'applications', I meant 'accessories'. When you type 'ipconfig' through run, it grabs the information then closes the command prompt immediately, and if you found the 'command prompt' through the run option, it won't recognize 'ipconfig'.
In response to Mikau
there i got in, but the the username and password are incorrect, my mom might have changed it, il go ask, but for future refrence of this kind of modem, the link to get there is 192.168.2.1.
In response to Pokenar
With my modem, the username and password defaults to 'cusadmin' and 'password'. A quick google search said that you should try 'admin' as the username and 'telus' as the password.
In response to Mikau
it workled at first, but then another log in thing appered, which i had to close to do anything, which causes log in failed, and now telus doesnt work for the password, also my mom says she has been doing changes with our internet stuff in the past 3 days, that might be the cause.
In response to Pokenar
turns out, i pluged in my internet cable into my laptop, and it works, so its my computer, my whole main computer is messed, im thinking its broken