ID:293474

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System: Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type: Verizon Fios
Firewalls/Routers: Yes I have a Fire Wall-Wireless Router

Problem Description:
When ever I play "any" byond game I get randomly disconnected from the server also it happens multiple of times, however there are someone days when i don't get randomly disconnected

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
The Time Intervals between each disconnection varies
Sometimes its every 10min sometimes its every hour or so but its does have a constant time interval

To prove that this not my Byond key problem I used a Different Key.

Also I tried with different CPUs,
On my friends Computer i tried it with: My Key My Bros Key and His Key <==This Problem still occured

Also there has been reports of random disconnections throughout the games i been playing

All these ways did not aid in reducing nor solving this problem

Please help me with this - I can stand it anymore -_-

Also this started happening since i go the update of byond
Teelow wrote:
Also this started happening since i go the update of byond

As you left the "build" template blank, we'd have to know which one you're using now, as this seems crucial information.

Teelow wrote:
Firewalls/Routers: Yes I have a Fire Wall-Wireless Router
(...) On my friends Computer i tried it with: My Key My Bros Key and His Key <==This Problem still occured

Does your friend use a wireless connection as well?
These sometimes fail, so if you can, please try with a LAN (wired) connection and see if the problem persists.

Teelow wrote:
When ever I play "any" byond game I get randomly disconnected from the server also it happens multiple of times, however there are someone days when i don't get randomly disconnected
(...)Also there has been reports of random disconnections throughout the games i been playing

Which games did you try and how many?
Do you get disconnects from byond://67.207.17.4:6031 as well?

Teelow wrote:
The Time Intervals between each disconnection varies
Sometimes its every 10min sometimes its every hour or so but its does have a constant time interval

I'm sorry, but that is contradicting. First you say that the time interval varies, then you say it is constant.
It can't be both ;)
This is strictly a connectivity issue, as there is no reason BYOND would be randomly losing your connection. If you were completely idle for some period of time before each disconnect that might be explainable by BYOND's networking, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Since you're using a wireless router, that would be the first place to look. A bad wireless connection is apt to experience random disconnects exactly like you described. It could be that your wireless router is just no good, the wireless access card is no good, or that your signal is experiencing some kind of interference.

In my experience another cause of random disconnects can be parental filters. When I used to run a chat, I would frequently see people's connections drop if their filter saw any kind of bad language cross its path. I doubt that many filters are that aggressive these days, but it's another possibility.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
i have had the same problem.
In response to Commander alpha
Does the past tense in "have had" mean that you solved the problem?
If so, it might be nice for the original poster if you could hand a short description of the problem and solution.

If you did not solve it yet, you should provide more information on your system. In that case it might be best if you start a new topic and fill out the template that this is going to provide you with.