ID:293475

Ok this may not be right, as in... "thats not your problem, its byond server-side" (or something).... but here goes. Sometimes it says "BYOND hub not accessable" (or something like that). Now I know how to port forward for hosting, its pretty simple with the router I've got. I was wondering if I can set up my byond hub (My lil "Build Your Own Net Dream" application that I run to connect to the gmuds(graphical-multi-user-dimension)) to be port forwarded, for either A) To stop this inaccessability, or B) 'Optimum Performance' between my connection, and BYONDS connection (and thus other games that are hosted between byond). *Takes a deep breath* Whew... massive run-on sentence... ... (or something)... right so uh thats all. Thanks in advance for anyones input regarding this matter... and sorry if I made my request for info sound more complicated than it actually is. (or something)
I have no idea what you are talking about there, since you just kind of made a block of text. So I have no idea if you have a problem, or if you're suggesting something. Perhaps you should reword whatever you're trying to say, maybe fill out a template on one of the forums that might be relative to what you're talking about. Then you might actually get a response that actually has anything to do with whatever it is you're talking about.
In response to Mikau
Haha right on... I haven't slept in 2 days so bare with me... >.>

Ok so heres whats up:

"BYOND HUB NOT ACCESSABLE" - that message shows up when I try to connect to games sometimes

I know how to portforward for hosting games, its pretty easy with my router... but is there a way to portforward the actuall HUB (You know the program we all use to connect to games). I mean, how do I know what TCP/UTP ports my byond hub uses.

I'm wondering about this for two reasons:

A)To Get Optimum Perfomance between me and byond games
B)To rid myself of such problems stated above

In response to Trey_A
For instance, if you could tell me what byonds "service" is, under task manager, I might be able to figure out the PID and try to automatically assign (if its not already) the PID... I dunno v_v; (or something?)
In response to Trey_A
G'day Trey_A.

The "BYOND Hub is not accessible" message appears when the pager has temporary or completely lost contact with the BYOND Hub. It happens to most of us, especially people on slow connections during a rather large download.

The quickest way to ensure your pager reinitialises communication with the Hub is to simply close it off and re-open it.

If this happens every time you try to connect to a game, then it's most definitely a Firewall or Port Forwarding issue (on the users end, not BYONDs). Otherwise, it's just a hiccup in your own connection which can be fixed by closing and reopening the pager.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath