ID:293478

BYOND Build Number:idk
Operating System:newest one soo far
Video/Graphics Card:idk
Game Hub/Link:http://www.byond.com/games/Sahaab/NarutoClashoftheUchiha
Internet Connection Type:rogers
Firewalls/Routers:dont need

Problem Description:in drea maker my game when i go to build then run or when i hst myself anyway it says connection closed.connection failed. i really need this fix cuz i gotta get my game updated.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
go to build then run or log into my game(with new host files) all other games work only my game
Sahaab wrote:
(...)go to build then run or when i hst myself anyway it says connection closed.connection failed(...)

This sounds like some part of your source code is shutting the game down. You didn't by any chance just "acquire" this source code, instead of writing it yourself, now did you?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
no i didnt do that i was coding in some turfs and then i put the turfs is map went to build-compile and the n build-run it stopped working i didnt even touch the login coding
In response to Sahaab
now it only says connection failed.
In response to Sahaab
Sahaab wrote:
(...)i didnt even touch the login coding

So, you are using "ripped" code (something you did not write yourself), right?
In that case, I'm sorry, but it is highly likely that the code you're using is the source of your problems (pun intended).

Can you run other games like Castle without trouble?

What happens if you try to compile and run this source code in a new project:

mob
verb
Dir_test()
world << "Direction: [src.dir]"
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Sahaab wrote:
(...)i didnt even touch the login coding

So, you are using "ripped" code (something you did not write yourself), right?
In that case, I'm sorry, but it is highly likely that the code you're using is the source of your problems (pun intended).

Can you run other games like Castle without trouble?

What happens if you try to compile and run this source code in a new project:

> mob
> verb
> Dir_test()
> world << "Direction: [src.dir]"
>

i did not rip it by i didnt even touch the log in code i meant when it started doing this i didnt touch the log in code. The code shouldnt do anything unless just say something to world
In response to Sahaab
In that case I'm sorry that I misunderstood you.

You did not answer my questions though.
I know what that code is supposed to do, I meant to ask what really happens if you try to compile and run this source code in a new project.
In order to see if there is a problem with your BYOND version, or with your code.
And I asked if you could run other games like the one I linked you to for the exact same reason, to narrow down the problem.
the game castle works fine for me and that coding it works fine too it goes in commands theres a verb Dir_test and when i click it it goes Direction: 2
heres a pic of the problem
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
this pic is from build-run
ive sent updated host files to another person to try them it didnt work for him either
ive been looking in my log-in codes theres no problem there
and i had to reconnect once in this pic cuz on first try it only shows connection failed. then on second try it shows connection closed.connection failed.
In response to Sahaab
Sahaab wrote:
the game castle works fine for me and that coding it works fine too it goes in commands theres a verb Dir_test and when i click it it goes Direction: 2

I'm sorry to say, but if a normal bare test environment runs just fine and you can even host and run a full scale game, then the issue is likely within your own code.

Sahaab wrote:
ive sent updated host files to another person to try them it didnt work for him either

The fact that this happens to others just like you seems to confirm that it is a problem with your code and not an individual bug.

Sahaab wrote:
ive been looking in my log-in codes theres no problem there

I would suggest seeking help on the Developer Forum (Code Problems). They are going to need code snippets though. So in advance, you might want to try and comment out parts of your code and see where exactly the problem is located.
k im posting in code problems