ID:293480

Ok, there are 2 big problems on my game. The first one is that to join in my game you have to try alot, because you aways get stuck on Connected to World.

Another thing is that after some time the Dream Daemon stats to overload or smth and laggs the sever. So the only way to fix this lag is rebooting, but it is not cool to reboot all the time...

Greetings Horusbrasil.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: 432.1007
Operating System:Windows vista home basic
Video/Graphics Card: Not necessary on my prob.
Game Hub/Link: www.byond.com/games/horusbrasil/narutodreamerz
Internet Connection Type: DSL/cabe - 20mb.
Firewalls/Routers: Windows Firewall.

Problem Description: I have 2 problems in my game. First is the lag one. After some time the Dream Daemon overloads and give a bunch of lag on the game, and only a reboot can solve it.

The second problem is just a simple problem. When someone tries to connect to the game it usually freezes on the Connected to World.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Have no idea.
In response to Horusbrasil
Dear Horusbrasil,
the BYOND Help Guild-subforum is not meant for that kind of trouble. Trying to post in the right forum helps to keep things organised and easy to find.

Since there was no need for you to create a new thread, I merged the postings. Please reply to this posting for future reference.

As for the problems you described.
Could your game have a large rsc to download?
Or did you edit the world.IsBanned(), or client.New() procs to be very resource intense?

If none of this is the case, maybe your customers have trouble with their cache?

As for the game lagging after a while, I'm not sure how you manage your game. Do you recycle resources, or at least delete unused ones? How are you hosting the game (Dream Daemon, or Dream Seeker)?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
He's hosting the game with Dream Daemon. I have a feeling that he's likely just got a bunch of loops in his 'code' that aren't getting managed properly, and they're likely just killing the program after a while. Since it is a Naruto game, the chances of him not 'acquiring' the source is about 0.001%, give or take probably a lot more zeros.