ID:293517

BYOND Build Number:
Version 436.1012

Operating System:
Windows XP

Firewalls/Routers:
Since everything on my computer is gone, I have windows firewall but I disabled it. As well, I deleted the Norton, and am going to put my better Anti Virus/Fire Wall/etc. on it after I fix this up.

Problem Description:
Whenever I try to connect to BYOND in any way, I get the error message of "BYOND Hub: connection failed".

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
My brother was playing around with my computer and managed to reset everything back to factory defaults, including all my files, etc. I tried to restore it back, but it wasn't possible to I lost everything including all my sources for my new projects I was heavily working on. And to top it off, my web backups for my files seems to have deleted themselves or something so everything is gone forever.
Anyway, I downloaded BYOND again, set up a static IP, did all that. Now when I try to connect it says "BYOND Hub: connection failed." I tried downloading my games, signing in normally, and going into player's games. I looked this up and did all the steps that other people said I should do if this problem occurs, it didn't work. So, if anyone has any clue on how to fix this, it'd help me a lot. I heard that it might be not me, but BYOND? On one of the threads I looked at. If so, tell me please. Thanks for reading, hope you can help.
Flame Guardian wrote:
(...)I (...) did all the steps that other people said I should do if this problem occurs, it didn't work.

Just to make sure, you completed each step on this check-list, including port forwarding and setting your BYOND Preferences in the pager accordingly?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Yes. I looked at multiple things like your "Check-list", most pretty much were the same. I had already port forwarded my router from before, and if you read my post you would've seen I said I made a new static IP, which would've somewhat already answered your question if you had read my post over correctly.
In response to Flame Guardian
Edit: I uninstalled BYOND, installed it again. And than restarted my computer. Now it's working again!
I assure you that I did read your posting assiduously, however setting up a static IP does not necessarily include setting up your pager preferences, which is why I asked to make sure.
Alright, thanks for your help though. I guess I just needed to restart my computer or re-install BYOND. It was the last two things I could think of.
when i try to connect to a game from the website and when it load it keeps saying connection failed to me all the time
In response to DMAN17
Greetings DMAN17.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
there is only one game that i have the problem with and it happens on my outher computor too
In response to Link kink
Make your own thread about your problem, and people will respond. Don't bump up my old thread that's not good. If it's one game in particular, it's probably because of the bad host(router problems/etc). If there is players on the game, than it could of just disconnected, or there is a problem. Whatever the case, make your own thread and someone else will help you.
when i play any game is says byond centrel not acicable
In response to Dragon master tobi
People, stop bumping my thread. Please go make your own thread and tell everyone your details. Than someone will respond and try to assist you.