ID:293521

BYOND Build Number:v. 436
Operating System: Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card: Unknown
Game Hub/Link: N/A
Internet Connection Type:N/A
Firewalls/Routers:N/A

Problem Description: My friend got a worm from the BYOND program, and before he could get rid of the worm, it deleted crucial files for internet access. As a result, my friend has deleted BYOND off the computer, and cannot use an internet, due to said worm.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: N/A
I doubt that any of the official BYOND software contains harmful parts.

Would you mind to be a bit more precise?
How does your friend know that BYOND was the source?
Which of the files should have been infected?
What kind of worm was it?
Where did you get the files?
When did you get the files?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
My friend downloaded the update for BYOND, and while his computer was running a scan, a worm showed up (He didn't say last time I talked to him, I'll bug him about it today.). That's about all I can say to your questions, 'cause I don't know the 100% details.
In response to Vlaidrix
Vlaidrix wrote:
My friend downloaded the update for BYOND, and while his computer was running a scan, a worm showed up (He didn't say last time I talked to him, I'll bug him about it today.). That's about all I can say to your questions, 'cause I don't know the 100% details.

He most definitely did not get a worm from the BYOND program--he happened to see one by coincidence while scanning. BYOND's software does not contain any viruses. It's possible it could set off a false positive with an antivirus program, but that's about it.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Vlaidrix wrote:

He most definitely did not get a worm from the BYOND program--he happened to see one by coincidence while scanning. BYOND's software does not contain any viruses. It's possible it could set off a false positive with an antivirus program, but that's about it.

Lummox JR

Actually, my friend looked back and he thinks it might have been a worm that 'crawled' into the BYOND folder. :/ Nvm, my apologies for blaming BYOND. >.<