ID:293528

Every time I try to log in, Windows closes it. It says it "Encountered a problem and needs to close."

What do I do?
Greetings Orange.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
I can only guess from the lack of information you provided that you're talking about the BYOND Pager. I would suggest you uninstall BYOND, and to clear how your cache and everything by deleting the BYOND folder. This should help to tell you where the folders are, even though it's for just clearing the cache.

Once you've done that, reinstall BYOND and attempt to use it and see if there's an improvement. If there isn't, I can only assume that you've likely deleted some random windows file that BYOND is relying on... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number: Version 436.1012
Operating System: Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card: VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
Game Hub/Link: None
Internet Connection Type: DSL
Firewalls/Routers:
Windows Firewall, Belkin Wireless router

Problem Description: Every time I try to log in to my key, It says Byond.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close so I can't log into my key or play any games since it close instantly.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Click byond shortcut icon.
2) Type in your username and password.
3) Click Log in button.
4) Get an error message saying: "byond.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
In response to Orange Flash Ichigo
Did you follow the steps that Mikau suggested?
Yes I did. Still the same.
Everything else works just fine on your computer, right?
And you made sure you uninstalled BYOND and then manually erased the BYOND folder that was left completely?

This is rather strange.
Yes I followed miku's instructions to the wor. I don't know what's happening. It worked one day and the next it was this way.
Does anyone else use your computer other than you? If it's a shared computer there is always the chance that another user has deleted something vital that is needed. I know it sounds crazy, but we might as well throw it on the table now so that we aren't blind sited by it later. My mother had a major problem with this, if she didn't know what it was, she would click it and delete it... and she didn't know what 90% of the computer was, so you can only imagine the problems that her computer would have.

Lummox may have to step in here and get some debug information from you in order to have some clue as to what the pager is doing when it crashes. I can't really help here because I can only suggest an uninstall/reinstall.
In response to Mikau
Where can I reach this "Lummox"?

I'd be most greatful if he did fix this.
Most unfortunately, as Lummox JR is constantly working on developing BYOND, he has few spare time.
He does visit this forum from time to time though and if I manage to spot him on-line before he does, I'll try to ask him about your case.