ID:293529

BYOND Build Number: 434
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Video/Graphics Card: Intel Chipset
Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/SaucepanMan/NarutoOnline
Internet Connection Type: Broadband
Firewalls/Routers: Linksys WRT54G

Problem Description: I'm hosting this game on Dream Daemon. We're completely fine until for some reason, Dream Daemon will spike up its usage of everything, CPU, VM, and Memory. Dream Daemon itself will start responding very slowly, as well. Sometimes it gets to the upwards of 400,000 in terms of Mem and VM usage. This also causes INSANE lag for the players, and sometimes I won't be there to hardboot it. Is there any way to prevent it from doing this?

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I'm not sure. It just seems to happen randomly.
Generally speaking, I can't tell you much about the way Dream Daemon works seeing how I rarely host anything on here, and Lummox JR is the guy that runs the show back there. However, from my experience it's more likely that the spiking is caused by faulty coding. If you can, you should likely get in touch with the guy who 'wrote' the code for the game, and have him run some tests to try and recreate the spike through testing.

Also from my experience, 99 out of 100 games that are anime based are taken from old source codes by young kids that just want to "own a game", and have very little interest in programming itself, so the likelyhood of the game your hosting being the 1 out of 100 is slim to none. Your chances of this being solved are likely very bleak, unless there is some unlikely reason that it is the Dream Daemon causing the problem. Lummox JR fixing the Daemon is 100% likely. Some random kid fixing his Naruto game, is about 100% less likely.