ID:293535

BYOND Build Number: 442.1020
Operating System: Windows XP SP 2
Video/Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type: Router
Firewalls/Routers: Yes

Problem Description: Whenever i try to create a new environment, it says 'Cannot open file x.dme'. Please help me solve this, as you did not answer my last post.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I simply try to create a new environment and the stupid program refuses to create it.
Greetings DarthJedi,
could you provide your BYOND Build Number, so we'd know which possible issues might occur?
You can find this under "Help" -> "About BYOND..." in the bottom left corner of the pop up window.

Are you trying to create a new environment named as one that already exists?
Where are you creating the new environment (is the folder read-only maybe)?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Greetings DarthJedi,
could you provide your BYOND Build Number, so we'd know which possible issues might occur?
You can find this under "Help" -> "About BYOND..." in the bottom left corner of the pop up window.

Are you trying to create a new environment named as one that already exists?
Where are you creating the new environment (is the folder read-only maybe)?

No, I'm not making any mistake whatsoever, and the build number will never be of any help, because this happens to me on any build. Still, I'll tell you it's 442.1020, but as I said, this happens to me on every build, so you should have known what the problem was right away. Just tell me how to solve the damn problem, you need no extra information.

http://www.andrewraslan.hi5.com/friend/photos/ displayMyPhoto.do?photoId=3862229681&albumId=253180418&owner Id=321530030#3862229681_321530030_253180418_0

In response to DarthJedi
Care to tell me how Snagler should have known instantly how to solve your problem? Last I looked, he wasn't a mind reader. Devilishly handsome, but no mind reader. He offered you two solutions, did you even read them?

With that said, I'd like to remind you that we are all volunteers here. And as such, we shouldn't have to take rude attitudes from the very people who are asking us for help.

Consider this a warning. We will not tolerate this kind of attitude.

As for your problem itself, set the "Directory" box to "C:\" (Without the quotes) and then try to make an environment.
In response to Tiberath
1. Thank you for your help. Hopefully, now I'll be able to work on Wushu (it's gonna be a martial arts game).
2. If you guys keep solving problems, than one would expect you to know how to solve the problem immediately, given you are provided with all the data, which Schnitzelnagler was.
3. Sorry for my attitude. I don't know about you, but failure in anything is not tolerated from my part, and I have no lower expectations from others.
In response to DarthJedi
DarthJedi wrote:
1. Thank you for your help. Hopefully, now I'll be able to work on Wushu (it's gonna be a martial arts game).
2. If you guys keep solving problems, than one would expect you to know how to solve the problem immediately, given you are provided with all the data, which Schnitzelnagler was.
3. Sorry for my attitude. I don't know about you, but failure in anything is not tolerated from my part, and I have no lower expectations from others.

Seeing as my solution worked for you, then yes, you did make a mistake. And it was in fact the first thing Snagler mentioned: You were trying to create a project in a folder that doesn't exist.

So as much as that speech of failure not being tolerated and whatnot was beautiful, please keep in mind that we do actually know what we're talking about.

Have a nice day.