ID:293540

BYOND Build Number:i cant find my builder number becuz of the problem
Operating System:windows 2000
Video/Graphics Card:not sure
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:charter cable
Firewalls/Routers:none on atm

Problem Description: when i click my beyond it dosent do anything nothing pops up

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Could you elaborate exactly "where" your are clicking?
The desktop short-cut for the BYOND pager?
The task symbol?
Byond.exe in your explorer?
A quick-launch link in your start menu?

Did you try a reboot?
Does everything else work properly on your system?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
its a desktop shortcut and yes i rebooted and everything else is working good
In response to Toastman1992
Would you try to open the byond.exe in your program files/byond/bin folder directly?
And if no pop up opens, could you have a look at your task manager, if byond.exe is displayed as running thread?
no its not running and i did that and it says this program might have not installed correctly then i tryed to reinstall with recommended settings and still did the same thing
Do you know how to handle your registry with regedit?
When reinstalling, did you erase the BYOND folder in your application data manually after using uninstall.exe?
i dont know how to do that but i did uninstall my byond
Most unfortunately, BYOND does not erase all traces on your system if you use uninstall.exe, so I am left with the assumption that one of these traces causes the issue at hand.

Could you try these instructions?

If that fails, I'm not sure that I could help you, as I wouldn't want to navigate you through your Windows registry. You could severely harm your system doing that and I wouldn't want to risk being responsible.
i did what was told but my folder wasnt found newhere there mine is in program files and i dont see a catche
i went to program files clicked byond and there was a file call cfg and i renamed it to cfg_old and it didnt work
Do you mean a cfg file, or a cfg folder?
i guess thats why it didnt do it i meant folder and i cant find a cfg file anywhere
Did you try to delete the folder that contained the cfg folder after uninstalling BYOND?
Then search for "BYOND" and see if there is anything left on your system?
i think i deleted all the beyond stuff without uninstalling i cant find it now
Reboot and try to reinstall.
If that doesn't help, I suspect the trouble is with your registry and that's a terrain I wouldn't want to walk you through.
so where do i go for som1 to do that