ID:293552

BYOND Build Number:438.1014
Operating System: windows xp sp3
Video/Graphics Card:dunno
Game Hub/Link: -
Internet Connection Type:Broadband
Firewalls/Routers:firewall

Problem Description:when i open BYOND and login a pop-up comes it has only the red cross symbol on it and i dont get logged in.
Now it starts coming twice/thrice and then it logs in blank.
If I try another account it forever stays at logging in..
plz help

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
well my computer had busted and after being repaired byond wasnt working.Problem started after i tried reinstalling
Ive reinstalled 3-4 times, deleted earlier data it still doesnt work
You say that you're using a firewall, but you did not provide any detailed informations on the template about the type and settings.
Are you sure that your firewall is configured to allow BYOND to connect to the outside world?
Are you sure that only one firewall is running?

As an additional question... there is a pop up with no text, just a red cross?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Um..I dont know how to find out the firewall details...
Ans.1. BYOND is in the exceptions list
Ans.2.As far as i know i have only one firewall
Ans.3.Yes, no text
In response to Asisjai
Asisjai wrote:
Ans.1. BYOND is in the exceptions list
Ans.2.As far as i know i have only one firewall

Could it be that your firewall has version checking activated and thus denies access to this version of BYOND after an update?
Would you try to browse the running process list and see if you can find something remotely close to a second firewall there?
Something ought to trigger these pop up windows and the fact that they do not contain any text (which seems like a bad design flaw) doesn't help at all.
the process list is confusing...
but im quite sure theres no other firewall
i opened firewall settings, theres nothing about version checking....
im thinking this has more to do with my computer crash, which made a few installed programs stop working even after re-installing. it happened to my IE too.
But BYOND is still opening, so its not the same.
And I tried logging in again and noticed another thing
After the cross signs come and it logs in blankly, if u move the mouse around the text and blanks from the main login screen appear again
Oh and one more thing,
sorry for not mentioning but the pop-ups have an OK button as well.
I just tried logging in again and now it doesnt even blank login properly, the games, friends,etc. tabs just appear and the login screen is still there...
It may seem very crazy but these kind of things keep happening to my computer:(
In response to Asisjai
Asisjai wrote:
im thinking this has more to do with my computer crash, which made a few installed programs stop working even after re-installing. it happened to my IE too.

That would hint to your computer having serious issues.
You might want to test your hardware (memory and hard drive) and software (drivers, etc.) for full functionality.
ya, computer's kooked
anyway ive got others to play it on
thnx for all your help!