BYOND Build Number:440.1018
Operating System: Windows Vista
Video/Graphics Card:
Name: 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: Radeon X1300 Series (0x7183)
DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Approx. Total Memory: 1019 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
Monitor: Dell 1797FP(Digital)
Game Hub/Link: http://www.byond.com/games/MysteriousDome/PokemonRedsteel
Internet Connection Type: Wireless
Firewalls/Routers: McAffee, Windows Vista, Modem SGB 1000

Problem Description:Well, I'm having problems with BYOND Central. I can't even log into my BYOND account anymore. (I used to be able to before clearing my cache, which I did to hopefully access BYOND central) So, a few months ago, we had a flood in our house. The pipes burst, and our Modem got all wet. We had it up and running again, but I think that ever since then, I haven't been able to get on BYOND. In the past, I never had to toggle with our modem at all to get BYOND to work, so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe its the new version of BYOND... I have no idea. I have a McAffee firewall protecting the computer which I completely disabled, and I turned off the Windows Vista firewall completely. So it should be working, right? I don't want to have to do any port forwarding or anything like that since I never had to do it in the past. So does anyone have any solutions? I've asked a bunch of friends here, but no one seems to have any idea as to what's causing the problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
0. McAffe Internet Security Installed on Windows Vista
1. Modem SBG1000 got wet and had to be reset.
2. Computers all lost power, and had to be restarted.
3. Downloaded new version of BYOND
4. Cleared cache about four months after the incident and not being able to access BYOND Central.
You could try the (other) steps mentioned in this article, but my guess is that one of your protective software shuts down BYOND. This could be for a version check on BYOND (since you said you updated), or an overprotective McAffee.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Yes, but I've had McAffee for a long time. It's never been a problem before either. I even went to services and disabled windows firewall and all the McAffee services. Any other steps I could take? I've read that article a good few times, as well.