ID:293612

BYOND Build Number:440.1018
Operating System:MS windows xp professional
Video/Graphics Card:VIA s3g unichrome Pro IGP
Game Hub/Link: byond://24.32.14.220:7235.
Internet Connection Type:DSL
Firewalls/Routers:enabled but exempted / Thomson

Problem Description:
I encountered this problem many times and it keeps on coming back once my internet connection w/ byond returns to normal.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Open byond.
2. Log in.
3. Wait till it connects.
4. Picks a game ( any )
5. Wait till it loads up.
6. Check my ping (.ping) << its always between 0.50 to 1 but i dont know if its telling the truth.
7. Plays with lag.

Extra info:
1. I reported this once here till my connection with byond came back but the lag returned. I dont know if lag is just unavoidable.
2. I tried internet speed testing (www.speedtest.net).
Ping: 128 ms
Downloading speed: 1 - 1.09 MPBS
Uploading speed: 0.20 - 0.30 MPBS
3. THis only happens to the games I play with my computer. I also dont know if its my video card/graphics card or my lan card but my internet is directly connected to my motherboard and i dont have any use for my lan card anymore. ( I didnt remove it )
4. The lag is server independent.
5. It happens week by week. ( random, but im sure that its not day by day )

Uhm, I'm not sure I understood you properly.
You encounter lag in every game you play on BYOND?
But sometimes it gets better and sometimes worse?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
exactly as you say. Not just byond but every game I play. But, its not like this before. ( it only happnes to games-MMORPG, etc.)
In response to Chun_soft33
Extra info:
1. I already have my router restarted and its still the same.
2. I had a full scan with my comp and havnt found any malwares or spywares.
3. I dont think this is a virus.
4. Ive already tried byond 3.5 but still gives the same as 4.0.
If it is every game that you are playing, I'd bet on your provider having bad pings.
So, there is nothing much you can do, most unfortunately.
so, where is the problem at? my internet source? my router? etc.
But, it wasnt like this before...
And if its my provider or even my internet source then why is that my friends have very fast internet connection (ping) to games except me?
My internet is not really crappy but its very fast.
This problem is getting weirder

- Lag is unbecoming...
Then again, if my router is holding 5-7 computers why is my download speed this fast? ( 90 - 130 KBPS )
Most computers are active and are busy.

Update:
I just tested my internet speed and it says these:
Ping:68 MS
Download speed: 0.98 MBPS
Upload speed: 0.05 MBPS
The amount of data does not directly correlate with the ping and (nearly) only the ping counts when you want "fast reaction".
You can imagine it like this:
It does not grant you any benefits when you're using a ship to transport post, even though it can hold very large amounts of packages, compared to a truck, when the truck simply arrives first. The only problem for the truck would arrive soon as it would have to return to get more packages, as it could not fit everything in.

As to why this happens, that's something you'll have to ask your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
But do not expect an honest answer, as most of them aren't exactly known for handing out facts.
So, you mean data is not same as ping ( yes i know that )
and also you mean that my internet provider doesnt pull enough to have good pings.
And also, you mean that when im gonna recieve something, I should expect delay but once theyre about to return to the loading center they return faster and less delay than when theyre about to give me the package.
Is that what you mean?
please make it more simpler.

Then again, please refer to being me as the one having the problem at the same city with my friends having no burden to carry.
Ill try also to connect my internet chord to the original router who receives the internet from the source.

I forgot to tell you that we have two(2) routers here.
The other router is connected to the main and the main is wireless( password protected ).
As it is kind of a computer issue and not a problem with BYOND, I'd say you are best of trying to get advanced users to supply you with hints at the Computers and Technology forum.
Ohh ok... thanks then.
Ill try to connect my computer to the main router in my flat first before posting a new topic there.