ID:293613

BYOND Build Number: 440.1018
Operating System: XP Pro
Video/Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9250 (it sux but it doesn't really matter since byond is icon graphic...)
Game Hub/Link: all
Internet Connection Type: DSL
Firewalls/Routers: Yeah, but it's allowed as exception / cable

Problem Description:
I can only play one game. Every time I install byond, I choose a game. I'm able to join it like after hours of attempts. Once I join, I can play only this game, through the bookmarks. I cant play different games, not even different servers.
Sometimes even the server I usually play dont work(pretty often).
While trying to enter the game (I usually enter) it usually take like 1-5mins for the "openlink://byond... and numbers" and "Connected to world".

For the other games and server I always get one of those:
1."BYOND Central is not acceible".
2."openlink://byond... and numbers... failed".
3."Connection closed".

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.I open byond.
2.I enter byond site.
3.I go to game hub.
4.I click "Join".

Please help.
Thanks
Are you sure that you have not more than one firewall running?
Did you check your processes?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I'm pretty sure there is only one firewall on the computer.
What do you mean by processes?
In response to Meroosh
When you open the "Task manager", you are displayed running processes. That's usually where you can spot sneaky things hiding in the background ;)
Hmmm... I guess I dont have any other firewalls than the windows one.
In response to Meroosh
As a blind shoot, could you try clearing your cache and cfg?
Well, my BYOND folder is empty...
In response to Meroosh
Uhm, the folder labelled BYOND in your application data is empty?
After you've been trying to log into BYOND?

That's a rather bad sign.
Could you uninstall BYOND completely (don't forget to manually erase that empty BYOND folder) and reinstall, keeping an eye out for possible error messages?
It's still the same. I'm still getting "BYOND Central is Unaccessible". And loads take lots of time, just to disconnect.
After I opened byond (after the reinstall), I got this "Unexpected nslookup event (pid = 2)".
What is that?
In response to Meroosh
Does everything else work properly on your computer?
Did you check for malicious software and ensure that your hardware is all right (memtest your RAM, scandisc your HDD, etc pp.)?
Yeah, I scannedmy computer.
Everything else is fine...
The problems you're describing sound more like just a matter of picking bad servers. If a server is not actually up or fully responding, then you're simply not going to be able to connect to it. However there is a possibility that your pager is not communicating with the hub properly, which would indicate either 1) the pager is interacting badly with a firewall or router on your system, or 2) something on the network between you and the hub is screwing up your ability to reach it.

However I should point out that I'm guessing a little based on incomplete information. We have no message that begins with "openlink://byond" and that isn't one of the URL protocols we use; "byond://" is, but "openlink://" is not. Either that means something else on your system is interfering (in which case that's the place to look), or you have not used the actual text in your description and you're paraphrasing from memory. I recommend the next time you see anything like this happening, keep the splash screen up and copy down, character for character, the exact message you see. If you can provide that information it will help a lot.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I get the following message:
"Opening link byond://BYOND.world.794159707//" (Thats just one game).
In response to Meroosh
Hrm, the extra slashes on the end are definitely not right. Which browser are you using?

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
im having a problem kind of like this one...except i cant play any gamed....when i click "Join" everything is normal until it says "Launching Dream Seeker" and it doesent progress any further. Ive tried uninstalling and installing byond again but it still the same.....any suggestions?
In response to Nero101
Nero101 wrote:
im having a problem kind of like this one...except i cant play any gamed....when i click "Join" everything is normal until it says "Launching Dream Seeker" and it doesent progress any further. Ive tried uninstalling and installing byond again but it still the same.....any suggestions?

It's really easier to handle this in a separate thread. However as a first suggestion I'd suggest clearing your cache to see if that helps, which you can do from the Preferences section of the pager menu.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
o.o im now really a computer wiz so could u explain how 2 do this? lol
In response to Lummox JR
IE 7.