ID:293614

BYOND Build Number:440.1018
Operating System: windows xp / vista >3,6 GHZ
Video/Graphics Card: geeforce 6600,128mb
Game Hub/Link: BLeach: Las Noches(S+B) , Naruto GOA (S+B) other tried games :Megaman Battle over the Network (S) ,Naruto Hidden Shadows (S) maybe all games ( not tried yet)
******(key at the bottom of this post)
Internet Connection Type:dsl 3000
Firewalls/Routers:zone alarm

Problem Description: since 4.0 i got a few new bugs which i haven't seen yet on GOA and BLN:

1) at first char starts shaking when he walks. no any weird bugs except this so far, but after a few minutes i get some weird black bands which are shaking now with the whole gaming screen when he is at high speed. at last i can't use any macros and it's like a screen freeze for me. when the black bands appear u get much more laag than usual. i haven't got all of those problems with version 3.98 on my computer (XP) and my laptop (VISTA). both computers got the same problems with 4.0. Only the macro blockades is something which only happens ratherrarely to me. but u never get less laag unless u relog, then the black bands are gone and u play for like 5 minutes or less till they and the laag appears again.

http://yfrog.com/bcnormalpx
this contains an example of the black bands and one without it. i have to mention that the bands can appear in any direction. it always appears in the back of ur character when ur walking
Icon bug with black bands: [url=http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iconbug.png]

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) play the game as usual
2) u see that ur char starts shacking when u are walking right after u login
3) u get weird black bands at high speed ( starts randomly but never ends)
4) randomly macros are broken/screen freeze (mostly for about 6 secs )
---> macro bug only appears after the black bands

S= shacking bug, char only without the bands
B= Black bands+Shacking
cuz the band bug is rather randomly it could be that all games with (S) have the bands too(B). haven't got that much time to try it out
When you check "Preferences->Games", is your hardware mode set?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
no, but it worked perfectly for me yet without activating it. i will try it out.

damn it has completly no use. i think it makes me even more laag with the black bands

now i deinstalled the whole byond and reinstalled it but no use either...

btw i update my first post all the time maybe this helps u
The problem you're describing sounds like some kind of problem either with the server trying to send info to the client for map display, or with the way the client handles map display. But that would suggest that the issue should be happening to everyone. It's not your video card either I would think, since you've had this in hardware and software rendering modes alike. However if you're running in 16-bit color mode, try 32-bit color and see what happens first; we've run into a number of weird issues with 16-bit displays.

If you haven't tried it yet, I recommend attempting to uninstall BYOND and reinstall it. First you should find your settings directory (in the pager menu, go to Properties and then to Advanced tab to find this directory), and when you reinstall make sure you rename cfg to something like old_cfg so your configuration settings aren't carried over.

Also I'm not really sure which previous version you were using, since there was no version 3.98. There were several builds of 3.5, and there have been several of 4.0, but the build number and version number aren't related and regardless there was never a build 398. I'm not sure if knowing which version you used before would really help that much, although I am curious if you're running with both the old and new versions installed at the same time. If you are, then I highly recommend uninstalling both versions because there is a possibility of conflict.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
ok my old version simply was the published version before 4.0 was out( sry dunno how it was called). after i already had 4.0 on my latpop and it had the same problems i refused to use the version at first but a few weeks later i thought " well give it a try" and it was a mistake.
if this may help u: i got no probs with every byond version except 4.0

and i deinstalled byond complelty and installed version 4.0 from the byond page. i will try that settings change thingy and post the result ( if i will make it) here

conclution: sorry but it has no use either. i deinstalled it like u said but nothing changed.