ID:293616

I'm trying to sign onto a game with two other users on the same router. A number of times, all three of us have been able to get on, but today it keeps saying there are too many connections. Is there a way to fix this?
Greetings Thetreeskill.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Please try to avoid the terms "it" and "thing" when describing something, since they could mean just everything.

For example: "it keeps saying there are too many connections".
What is that "it"?

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number:4.0
Operating System:XP
Video/Graphics Card:Unsure
Game Hub/Link:Final Fantasy Legacy
Internet Connection Type:High speed cable ethernet
Firewalls/Routers:there is a router

Problem Description:My friends and I have played FFL with three people before, but now when we all three try to log on, the text box on the game says the connection failed due to too many connections from the ip. Is there a way to bypass this problem?

Steps to Reproduce Problem:Have more than two computers enter the same game with the same connection.
In response to Thetreeskill
As the message is game specific, you will have to contact the administrators of that game about it.
Well, this has happened with other games too.
Does it happen in every game?
What is the exact wording of the error?
Is the error message always the exact same phrase?
It has happened with three games at least. The error reads Connection failed, too many connections to IP and the message has been the same every time.
Could you try to log into byond://67.207.147.44:6031 and see if you receive the same error?

What's the colour of said error message?
I did not get the message on that, but here is an exact copy paste of the message from other games
"Connection refused: Too many connections from your IP address.
Connection closed.
Connection failed."
The text is black up until the connection closed/failed then it turns red.
I would be inclined to say that it is indeed game specific, as it does not show up on Chatters.
If it is game specific, and I've tried a few other games that have had the same error, that's kind of weird...
Games might base of "ripped" code, or could even include the same library.
It would be even more weird if the message was hard-wired to BYOND and somehow wouldn't show up for Chatters.