ID:293623

BYOND Build Number: Version 429.999
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002
Video/Graphics Card: ATI Raedon 9250 128MB
Game Hub/Link: Every Single One
Internet Connection Type: Dial-Up 26.4 kbps (really crappy, download speeds of like 4 kbps)
Firewalls/Routers: Standard Windows XP Firewall

Problem Description:
No matter what game I try to join, it goes through the steps of openning the IP and such and says connecting, then after anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, it just says failed to connect. And as for trying to host; it says that players may be unable to join on port (insert port number here).

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Attempting to join or host any game on BYOND.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or help. ^^
Are you sure that you have only one firewall running and that you have granted all three essential BYOND executables free access?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Are you sure that you have only one firewall running and that you have granted all three essential BYOND executables free access?

Well I redownloaded BYOND and got the latest version, so I am now able to play games. However I still am unable to host, so I'll double check what you said and get back to you.

-----------UPDATE-----------

Well I made sure that Dream Seeker, Dream Daemon and BYOND itself are allowed past the firewall... This is what happens on Dream Daemon when I attempt to host the game:

"Logging in...connected
Logged in as KittieKizu.
Sun Apr 26 19:06:49 2009
World opened on network port 2245.
Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 440.1018)

BYOND hub reports port 2245 cannot be reached by players.

A firewall or router may be interfering with your connection. For information on hosting worlds through a firewall or router, please visit BYOND Help or portforward.com."

Hosting directly from Dream Seeker doesn't work either...
In response to KittieKizu
Could it be that your firewall is checking version numbers of a program and thus is still locking access?
im having the same problem, i have looked at my firewall and allowed access for all byond software then i turned to the computers natural firewall and allowed access but i am still unable to host a game and im getting the same error message as the original person :( please help
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Could it be that your firewall is checking version numbers of a program and thus is still locking access?

I tried that, still nothing... Any more ideas?
In response to Aprilkay86
Greetings Aprilkay86.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please create a new topic with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to KittieKizu
Which modem are you using?
Last guess I could come up with is to search for problems in there, but normally a modem should not require portforwarding or alike.
I confess, I do not know if your upstream is enough to warrant stable hosting though.
but im having the same exact problem as her
In response to Aprilkay86
The problem might look the same, but the reason is likely different.
If you're calling a mechanic and tell him your car won't move, he can't fix it without further details.

My guess for your case is that you have a router and did not apply port forwarding, but I would never know, since, like I mentioned, you did not supply any information to base my guess on.
So, I can happily gamble and guess on for a long while, or you could provide solid facts and narrow down possible problems.