ID:293625

Rayquaza1903 and another one of his owners that goes by the name of Monti, are the owners of Pokemon Shadow Realms. Well in short terms there is someone hacking the game. The person that's doing this goes by the name of Rania. I believe this persons key is Rania. I'm not sure. Rania is causing the game much trouble. Although he is not threatening us he is hacking this game to the point of where we wouldn't be able to play the game again. Had Rayquaza1903 not shut down the main server in time the game would have been done for. Our main host Monti has to keep shutting his server down because of this. We have to keep using our back-up host which at times is getting kind of annoying. Basically what I am going to ask you is if you can ban Rania from BYOND for doing this. Rania has hacked Pokemon Shadow Realms at least from what i seen while playing this game maybe 5 times. Please ban Rania so that we the players of Pokemon Shadow Realms can play in peace. Thank you for your time to read this and consider in banning Rania.

Signed,
Str8 D3str0y3r.
Greetings Str8 D3str0y3r.

The BYOND Staff does not have the will nor power to help you out. For BYOND's official stance on the subject, please read I'm being spammed by a user. Or, a user has banned me from his game for no reason. Help!

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
i can also vouch for this, Rania (that is his key) has been hacking our game for a while now. Please stop this
In response to Anagramad
Please define what this "hacking" is in your own terms, chances are it can be fixed so he can't abuse anything (ex: banning all keys he has access to with power)

And read Beta's post, your answer has been answered in it.
Hi I am Michael Borg. I host this game Str8 has been talking about. Rania hacked my dream dameon and now i cant use it. Alikan, Byond Admin on trial even said so. No one can enter and it doesnt show up on hub. Ali told me to ask an admin to fix it. PLease help
In response to Monti
Monti wrote:
(...)Rania hacked my dream dameon and now i cant use it.

Could you be a bit more specific here?
What exactly happens when you're trying to host a game through Dream Deamon?
Do you receive an error message and if so what is the exact wording?
What happens when you try to host via Dream Seeker?
Is this the case for every game, or just a specific one?

Monti wrote:
Alikan, Byond Admin on trial even said so.

Uhm, sorry, but BYOND Admin on trial?
There is no such thing.
That key does not even exist, as far as I can see, unless with different spelling.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
We are not being spammed we are being hacked. Do you know what that means?? it means that one person is fighting through many systems in order to reach his destination by means of breaking codes and being able to get through firewalls. That is the problem. Hacker=Rania. which means again....Rania is a hacker.

Ok, look I am going to put this in simple terms for u aiight.Rania is a hacker that wants revenge on someone who i don't know. I barely know him i just know what he is capable of. just the other day Rania hacked Monti's server and we were unable to play. this is a great game that your going to let this happen to??? From what i understand is that if we have a problem you are supposed to help us. We, the players of Pokemon Shadow Realms are asking for your help with this. What if next time Rania gets lucky and kills the game??? Then Wat, then are you going to take action??? Its not right. Thats all we are asking for; is your help and cooperation with this matter. Please deal with this.

Signed,
Str8 D3str0y3r
In response to Str8 D3str0y3r
Str8 D3str0y3r wrote:
We are not being spammed we are being hacked.

I take it that you intended replying to Danial.Beta's posting, since I did not mention spamming at all.
It is a bit confusing when you reply to someone's posting, but respond to someone else in that context (see tree view).

Str8 D3str0y3r wrote:
Do you know what that means?

I assure you that we do know what hacking is.
Actually, I highly doubt that someone is hacking here though. More often than not, someone is (ab)using trust and gains access through shared accounts, or someone accepting files. The rare cases that someone actively tries to gain access to someone else computer actually are script kiddies using a tool they acquired somewhere.
A true hack is something else.
The sheer fact that the damage done was that minimal leaves little doubt.

Str8 D3str0y3r wrote:
Ok, look I am going to put this in simple terms for u aiight

There is no need to get disrespectful.
Please remain calm and objective.

Str8 D3str0y3r wrote:
just the other day Rania hacked Monti's server and we were unable to play.

In order to figure out what really happened here, I asked some questions in this thread, which have been ignored.
Without information, there will hardly be any chance for someone capable of helping you.

Str8 D3str0y3r wrote:
From what i understand is that if we have a problem you are supposed to help us.

Actually, you asked for a person to be banished from BYOND, which would not even help if that person would "hack" your host. Being a BYOND member or not does not have any whatsoever influence on local security issues, so if someone can take a measure, then it is the host.
As for helping, yes, I assure you that should you suffer trouble with the BYOND software, you'd get help as soon as possible, but this is not the case here.
However, people in this thread offered private advice, if you would elaborate on the problem.
In response to Monti
Monti wrote:
Alikan, Byond Admin on trial even said so. No one can enter and it doesnt show up on hub. Ali told me to ask an admin to fix it.

I'm sorry, this user does not exist and nor are there any BYOND Admins 'on trial'. If there was someone causing that much damage to a game and a 'BYOND Admin' had witnessed it, chances are most of us would already know about it. This is not the case. I'm afraid this person is lying to you if he's claiming to be BYOND Staff.
In response to Str8 D3str0y3r
I'm going to go ahead and tack onto what Schnitzelnagler said in his reply to you by adding some facts here and there.

1: We are not BYOND Staff. Most of us, if anything, only volunteer our time to assist in the management of forums and guilds around the website. We don't have the power to ban users from the system.

2: As stated above, we are volunteers, and as such, we are free workers who love the system enough to help others who are having problems with it.

This brings me to the topic of rudeness. We're not here to give you help. We're here to offer you help. By insulting us, taking offensive tones and trying to tell us we don't know what we're on about (I assure you, we do), you do nothing more than alienate us. This is a bad thing, because we might decide that we don't know the answer to any of your future questions. Although this will never happen, as most of us seem to take ease case subjectively, remember, one day we wont be here and the next support team might not be as nice.

With that said, I highly doubt any user is 'hacking' in this scenario. It sounds to me like a user has in fact found a show stopping bug which is causing havoc in the game. And not impossible prospect. If the host's Dream Daemon is being damaged as you say, chances are there's an endless loop happening somewhere in the code which will ultimately for the host to shut down Dream Daemon. This isn't hacking, and is common in every programming language out there, BYOND is no exception.

Please keep all of this in mind. If you honestly believe there is foul play. Then return to the thread with as much information as possible and not just hearsay evidence backed up with more hearsay evidence.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath.
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
Monti wrote:
Alikan, Byond Admin on trial even said so. No one can enter and it doesnt show up on hub. Ali told me to ask an admin to fix it.
his key is Alikhan
and its ok if you can't help, thank you for your time
In response to Anagramad
Alikhan does not even possess a BYOND membership.
Doesn't that smell fishy?
Well, you should confront him with the facts and ask what he intends to gain by lying to you.

As for "not being able to help", we did ask for information and got non in return. Not much to base help on, is it?
I doubt that if you call a mechanic and tell him your car won't move, then hang up on him (before explaining anything else) your car would magically start working again.