ID:293629

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System: Vista
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:FireFox
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description: I need a lot of assistance please! Every time I try to go on Byond pager, it says that then I can never log in, it won't even let me log in games as a guest. I really need a lot of help. I tried look for my port number in portforward but they didn't have my router brand. All I want to do is play games, that you for reading X.X...

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
You didn't mention any sort of firewall or router in the template. Could you double-check that BYOND is allowed to access the internet, if you have a firewall?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I have checked, it's all access, my router is Toshiba PCX2600. I have gone through everything I have asked a lot of people, one person said that my IP adress could have been banned on BYOND in general, but that would have to lead to a mistake since I haven't used any strong language or sexual themes or harassment...
In response to Auraxu
The message would ave been different if you were to be banned, I'd assume.
Can you play other (non BYOND) on-line games?

Could you check your advanced preference settings on the pager?
Well, it's something with my computer for sure, I can get on byond perfectly fine on my mom's computer, (but I don't like her comp. too retarded and slow).

Advance preferences are:
Hub Adress: N/A
Pager Port: 0
Use Directory: C:\Users\Hichiro\AppData\Roaming\BYOND\
In response to Auraxu
You didn't answer whether or not you could play other on-line games on that computer.
Oh, sorry 'bout that, I can't. I can't even play as a guest at all. It's a bit depressing and a bit annoying....
In response to Auraxu
That answer is a bit misleading. I asked if you could play other non BYOND games, to try and figure if it is a problem specific to BYOND or your computer generally disallowing outbound connections.
Since you mentioned playing as guest, I think you misunderstood my question.
I guess show, none the less, I can play other non byond games just fine.
In response to Auraxu
Just to make double sure, you can play other non BYOND on-line games, as in connected to the internet with other on-line players, since you did not mention that.
The reason I'm asking is simple.
In most every such case (the error you received), it is a firewall blocking one or more of the BYOND executables.
In response to Auraxu
G'day Auraxu.

I can promise you that you haven't been banned. If you had, you wouldn't be here asking us questions. =)

That step aside, there is the possibility that windows firewall is purposely blocking your BYOND connection.

I've noticed in a few cases, that Windows Firewall wont affect some games installed from CDs and what not, I guess either they manually add exceptions to the firewall themselves or it just ignores them, I honestly don't know.

So, there is a possibility that Windows Firewall is causing havoc here without your knowledge. Following the instructions on that tutorial might help you out. Come back with your results and we'll take it from there.
i cant play non-BYOND games
is it something in my computer
i allowed BYOND to work through my firewall but its still not logging in
A firewall is most definitely responsible here. Inability to open a server port on the pager is indicative that something in the OS is blocking access.

A while back I found something that may be of help in trying to find firewalls that could block your connection:

http://www.trolly.homepage.t-online.de/tools.html

I haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for it, but it's one way you can discover what's blocking byond.exe and the other apps (also dreamseeker.exe and dreamdaemon.exe need to be able to run).

If you see that your firewall has exceptions for these programs, do not assume those exceptions are foolproof. Check to make sure that the firewall is not doing version checking (i.e., checking a hash of the program to make sure it hasn't changed due to a virus), and if all else fails, completely disable that firewall and see if that fixes things. A while back I had a problem where Norton Internet Security said a program was cleared by the firewall and yet it kept blocking connections--I finally had to simply stop using NIS as my firewall.

Lummox JR