ID:293656

BYOND Build Number:440.1018
Operating System:Windows Vista/Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:N/A
Game Hub/Link:N/A
Internet Connection Type:Wireless DSL
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall/Actiontec

Problem Description:Sometimes, after having started my pager, i continously get the same message.

"BYOND Central is not accessible.
BYOND Central is not accessible.
BYOND Central is not accessible."

Problem 1.
This happens sometimes i try and sign onto another game. The pager complete freezes up, and doesnt allow itself to update games list, friend information, messages to be sent out or to be collected if sent to me.

Problem 2.
The same thing happens when i am hosting using Dream Deamon as in problem one. the pager freezes not allowing me to get or recieve messages, log onto other games, or get updated information about games and friends. Unlike the first problem though, this happens EVERYTIME i host.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Try signing onto a game on my pager. Does not help gets the not accessible message.
2.Tries messaging people. No response, people messaging me get the same problem. Nothing is sent or recieved.
3. Downloaded the Software again. Same problem.
4. Used software on different computers, using different versions of Windows. Same problems,
5. Tries refreshing the pager by switching to a different list in the "Game in:" section of the games tab. does nothing.(Sometimes helps to refresh the list if the problem is just starting.)
6a. Exit pager and then rebboting it. Does help, for alittle while, if not hosting.
6b. If hosting, shut down everything i am hosting, then shut down the pager and restart it, putting back up hosted games. Works for alittle while, but then makes the pager freeze again.
Moussiffer wrote:
4. Used software on different computers, using different versions of Windows. Same problems,

Are all these one the same wireless connection?
How is your pager configured ("File"->"Preferences..."->"Advanced")?
Do you have issues with playing non BYOND on-line games?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
1.No, i have done this on my own computers (Connected wireless to the router and with a ethernet cable, as well as on other computers that are not connected to the same router or wireless system. Other people have told me they have had the same problems as well.

2. Ther eis no hub adress set, 0 is a pager port, and C:\Users\Moussiffer\Documents\BYOND\ Id for the last box.

3. This only seems to happen on BYOND games. No other game i have played has caused me the same problems.
In response to Moussiffer
What do the computers you tried on have in common?
Maybe the same Actiontec firewall?
Which port(s) are you hosting on?
They dont have anything in common at all. Except for my desktop which shares the Actiontec router(The decktop is windows XP), The other computers I have used have run on different types of internet, in different states, using different brands of computers. (When I am not home, I host my games on my Aunts and/or cousins computer because they dont use them often, She has a HP desktop, that runs windows Vista, and its internet is cable.

What do you mean by "Which ports are you hosting on?"
When hosting, one needs to select a port (or leave it at 0, to automatically choose the first available one).
Ah i see. Im hosting on port 2299
Would you please try the following steps and look if it (temporarily) changes anything?
Which game(s) are you hosting?

(Edited the link, as it was malformatted)
Actually, I got a new router thing today, and after setting it up it havent had any problems with my laptop so far that i know of. So I guess it is fixed for the most part. But thank you for all your help. If the problem starts up again ill be sure to come back. ^_^
Moussiffer wrote:
Actually, I got a new router (...)

Actually, this is strange, since before you said:

(...)as well as on other computers that are not connected to the same router or wireless system.

Weird chance, I guess.
I havent tested it on the other computer. But as far as I know it is fixed on my laptop and desktop. Seeing as how a new router fixed this issue for me so far. The same probably is happening at my Aunts with her and my cousins computers. Ill look into it.