ID:293665

BYOND Build Number:440.1018
Operating System:Windows XP SP3
Video/Graphics Card:NVIDIA Gforce 9800 GT
Game Hub/Link:modem V.90
Internet Connection Type: 54 kb ADSL
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall

Problem Description:
Im problly sure that many people have this problem.
When usually a window needs to pop-up, instead it dosnt.Usually windows that need info such as a text and such as these

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
In the game SS13 (space station 13) after entering the game a screen comes up (with out problems) in that window the are several links some only having 2 options with will change without the need of a window to pop up but there are links that have more then 2 options (such as the name link in the top) and after pressing the link no window will pop-up.
This bug didnt exist when i just installed the windows i know this might be due to the softwere or things such as them but just becuse of a softwere people cant reinstall the OS so i think there should be an easy way to fix this bug
From the symptoms that you're describing, I would guess that input() and alert() fail to work for you.
It seems as if you suffer from the same problem described here.
Lummox JR replied with a detailed analysis and further instructions.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
im sorry that i replyed so late but your reply didnt help...
i scaned my computer a month ago and i found a virus and now its gone also after that i used a program to repair my computers registeration codes but still there is no pop-ups

i checked my directX and everything was fine

also all of my devices are working fine (as far as i know)
In response to AmirHM
AmirHM wrote:
Im problly sure that many people have this problem.

Actually, no. Only very few people ever encounter this problem.

AmirHM wrote:
This bug didnt exist when i just installed the windows i know this might be due to the softwere or things such as them but just becuse of a softwere people cant reinstall the OS so i think there should be an easy way to fix this bug

This bug indicates a failure in your system, as in how it handles certain events and calls.
I am sorry, but I can not present you any easy and fast fix, other than the detailed instructions Lummox JR mentioned, because there are countless possibilities of damage.

AmirHM wrote:
also all of my devices are working fine (as far as i know)

Well, something has to be wrong, so, maybe you just didn't see this malfunction affect anything else yet.

AmirHM wrote:
i scaned my computer a month ago and i found a virus and now its gone

It might have caused damage. And you should really check your system once a day, not once a month.