In response to Micro102
After on-line tests, this seems to be the same issue mentioned here.
Please reply with the information requested by Lummox JR in the thread.

Thank you in advance.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
pager.txt is missing, nowhere to be found on computer
In response to Micro102
Hmm, as a last guess, before I hand it over to Lummox JR, could you please look up the folder that your pager points to (File->Preferences->Advanced->User Directory).
Then go there and completely erase the folder with all it's content (the BYOND folder should no longer exist).
Then select to uninstall BYOND.
Reinstall it and log in on the pager.
Check if the pager is still pointing to the same directory and if it created one there, containing the pager.txt file.
In response to Micro102
Pager is a slang term us oldbies use for the byond.exe. It dates back to when the pager was first separated from DreamSeeker way back when. Any time you see someone referring to 'the pager', we really mean 'byond.exe'.

You stated you were using Norton Anti Virus earlier, is it possible that you're not so much using Norton Anti Virus but instead Norton Internet Security (which consists of Norton Anti Virus, IIRC)? If that is so, there's a possibility your pager (byond.exe) is being cut off from the hub and failing to connect.

If you do have Norton Internet Security, check out this article for information on how to force NIS to allow BYOND communication.

It's also notable that Windows XP and Vista come with the Windows Firewall. It has also been known to produce problems in the past with hub/pager communication. check out this article to allow BYOND via Windows Firewall.
dont think i have norton internet protection, only the phishing protection

went to windows firewall, but the guide says to insert name of game i want to play,port for dreamdaemon to use, and that it would allow for hosting again. dont know much about ports, my problem isnt about hosting, i have it so i ignore all exceptions and let everything run, and i dont want to have to insert a games name everytime i want to play it.

also, Schnitzelnager, when i searched the file you pointed out on pager, it opened up pretty much all info on my computer about byond, do you want me to delete all of it, or only the BYOND folder?
In response to Micro102
Open your pager, click
File->Preferences->Advanced and look up "User Directory"
Close the pager (Exit)
Navigate to that directory with the windows explorer and erase it completely.
Then uninstall BYOND (using the provided uninstall utility).
Reinstall BYOND.
See if the User directory is the same and has been recreated upon logging in to the pager.
i went to computer, copy and pasted what was on the pager into search, and up came a list of folders for the games on byond tha ive played, some folders i dont recognize, a BYOND folder, and hundreds of texts marked a00bc0ex or something like that. do i delete all of that? or just the BYOND folder?
In response to Micro102
Don't search for that. It should present you with an absolute path.
You know how the tree system of file storage works, don't you?
ahhh i went back and clicked the "..." button.

for some reason that didnt work the firs ttime you told me to delete that folder. o well

deleteing now, hold on

EDIT: ok it worked, but only after i deleted the stuff that was also in my recycling bin....odd. thank you
Page: 1 2 3