ID:293679

I know how to host, open ports, configure the firewall, but after everything is done and I hit the Go! Button on Dream Daemon, it won't allow me to host.

I've never had this problem before. In Florida, I used Cox Communications with the same Linksys WRT54G Router. Now in Arizona, using the same router, only with Orbitel for Internet, nothing works. I have called them numerous times and they say everything should be working fine, but it doesn't.
Greetings Bloo Ooze.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Please include what other changes happened (e.g. different OD, different computer).
What exactly do you mean by "it won't allow me to host"?
Is there an error message?
Did you check if Orbitel allows hosting of games on all ports? Some companies restrict such things in their TOS.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Greetings Bloo Ooze.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Please include what other changes happened (e.g. different OD, different computer).
What exactly do you mean by "it won't allow me to host"?
Is there an error message?
Did you check if Orbitel allows hosting of games on all ports? Some companies restrict such things in their TOS.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.

BYOND Build Number: 440
Operating System: Windows Vista
Video/Graphics Card: Don't Know...
Game Hub/Link: Every Game
Internet Connection Type: Cable
Firewalls/Routers: Linksys WRT54G Router, Motorola SB5101 Modem, Panda Internet Security Suite 2009

Problem Description: As I stated in my earlier post, even though everything is configured correctly, Daemon stills reports that the port cannot be reached by players. I have used the same Router and Firewall for ages. Now after changing modems which was required by Orbitel, I cannot host. Panda has BYOND/DreamSeeker/Daemon on the exceptions list allowing BOTH incoming and out-coming traffic - that was the same setting I've had since Cox Communications in Florida.

To be clear, I've had Orbitel come out and forward the ports for me, too. They tried and failed, so I doubt there is certain ports that need to be forwarded. I've already checked the ToS to no avail.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Move across the country and get Orbitel for internet. <_<
In response to Bloo Ooze
Do you have the modem and the router set up both infront of your computer, or just the modem now?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Both. It has always been both.
In response to Bloo Ooze
I take it nobody can offer a solution to this problem?
In response to Bloo Ooze
You mentioned that you called your new ISP for help and they sent someone to configure your modem.
Did they try to host any application successfully (e.g. a simple FTP/HTTP server)?
Since they claim everything should work, they should have no difficulties in proving that claim, after all, when done with work and ready to leave.

As to why it ain't working, this is indeed a tricky question as much can go astray on such a set-up.

Yet, in my eyes, your new ISP should be the one to fix it, as you could host before with a different ISP, blaming them (their new modem) would be a logic step.

Does the modem forward to the router correctly?
Which ports are set up for forwarding with what protocol?