ID:293681

Operating System: XP Home
Video/Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce
Internet Connection Type: Broadband
Firewalls/Routers: Disabled Firewall/No Router

Problem Description:
I'm not 100% Sure how to explain it but I'll Try. Whenever someone or myself posts a video with HTML Announce in our game. I always see it like this ((Please see picture below)). Everyone else seems to be able to see the streaming videos but me. It just shows this for me. I can't really figure out why it is doing this or how to fix it. I'm hoping someone here will be able to tell me. By the way the ''video'' that wont show up in that is from Youtube... But everyone else saw it. Thank you for your time in reading this. I am running the newest byond client.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Happens whenever someone posts a embed streaming video in HTML Announce
This is an html issue, not a Byond issue.

Read up on how to imbed youtube videos, if that's what you're trying to do.
Such an issue would suite the Developer forum.
In response to Cheeseburgermafia
I said it works for everyone else BUT me in the game... Everyone but me. They all can see the things I post in HTML-Announce... and what the other staff post... but I'm the only one who can't see it
In response to Failed_Experiment
Greetings Failed_Experiment.

This is likely something turned off in you IE settings. Go though, I recommend going to "Tools>Internet Options>Security>Internet", click the "Default Level" setting, then grab the slider and put it to "Medium-High" if it isn't already.

This may, however, change some settings that where intentionally set higher. If you use IE for your main browser, I recommend switching to Firefox for security reasons, then most of the reasons these security settings where heightened aren't important.

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Actually not really, he seems to be having an issue with IE on his machine, not with everyone who plays the game.
In response to Danial.Beta
I was assuming that the code kind of applied two different outputs, though, then again I could be wrong.
I would not call trouble with IE specifically BYOND related though. Well, I guess it'd fit both forums.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I say it's an IE problem because of the screenshot he showed. It shows a blank "image" space in the browser, which suggests his browser knows there should be something there, but it blocking it, likely because of a security setting.

It is possible that there is a coding problem, but it isn't what appears to be the issue.