ID:293690

BYOND Build Number:4.435
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:Have no idea
Game Hub/Link: i dont think this one matters
Internet Connection Type:Comcast
Firewalls/Routers:yes but i dont think it has anything to do with this problem

Problem Description:Playing a game like DUel Monsters Online or Bleach Las Noches, anyhting that requires a pop up inside a pop up like the help guide on bleach las noches or chaging your body and head on duel monsters online i do not get a pop up. i read the other post and they did not help. brand new computer so i doubt there is a virus or coding error this soon. how can i fix this problem?

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I'm not sure what kind of version number 4.435 might be.
Actually, your Graphics Card and it's drivers play an important role on that issue.

As for the matter at hand, I'm sorry, I can not tell you anything different than the others.

From the symptoms that you're describing, I would guess that input() and alert() fail to work for you.
(I have never played any of the games you mentioned, thus I do not know what you're referring to)
It seems as if you suffer from the same problem described here.
Lummox JR replied with a detailed analysis and further instructions.

As for being a brand new computer, these can get a virus rather fast. Or the graphic card could be incompatible with the driver in use. Hardware could have been delivered with a failure. There are multiple reasons listed.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
well thx for your help but the problem seems to be not just any pop up, only pop up that requires me to make choices (boy or girl, names, or yes/no)
In response to Top Espada
Are you familiar enough with BYOND's programming language for me to hand you a little source code and you to test it out (as I see our time zones differ too much for us to meet)?

If so, please have a look at [link]
If not, could you select a game that displays both, pop ups that you can see and ones that you don't, provide me with a detailed example and the game's name.