ID:293697

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System: Windows xp
Video/Graphics Card:Gforce 8600
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:not modem
Firewalls/Routers:turned off/no router

Problem Description: I start the BYOND.exe(SO i can't check the build number) but nothing happens, my friends installed the program and play without problems. Please tell me how to deal with that problem.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Greetings ILIANZO.

You haven't provided enough information and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out the template fields you left blank.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Please ensure that your Step by Step description is as detailed as possible.
For example:
What do you mean by 'I start the BYOND icon' (since you can't exactly start an icon).

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
I try to open BYOND.exe, but nothing happens, so i can't say the build number, my internet is normal, I don't have router, my firewall is off, still - no changes.(My internet is cable)
In response to ILIANZO
Well, where did you download the file (it should have state a version number if you downloaded it from the official homepage).
Is byond.exe as running process in your Task manager?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
No it's not in my task manager and i have downloaded it from the site.
In response to ILIANZO
Please try to uninstall, using the supplied executable.
Does this work?
If it worked, please search for any remaining traces of BYOND on your hard drive and manually erase them (there should be a separate folder in your your application data).
Then install it a new and check for any error messages.
I tried, but it didn't work I had files in my documents but i didn't have in applications data .
In response to ILIANZO
So, just to make this sure.
The uninstall executable worked for you, right?
And there were no error messages during the installation process of BYOND?
Yes, they weren't any errors(I'm his friend, I tried to install the program for him/it works on my pc without problems), they weren't any errors, but when he starts the byond.exe, nothing happens, and even process in task manager doesn't start.
In response to A4ka
I reported the problem to someone with more insight on the matter (and more capable than me ;)).
Please be patient.
Thank you in advance.
Any new information?
In response to A4ka
It is kind of out of my hands now, so I fear you'll have to wait for the reply.
I'm sorry.
If you're trying to start byond.exe and nothing is happening, this is most likely the fault of an incorrect installation. I believe what's happening is that the program is starting and instantly crashing, but without generating a bug message.

Try to open up Dream Maker or Dream Daemon. If you can get onto either of those, you should be able to find the build number. If those don't open either, the installation is most definitely the problem.

In either case I'd uninstall BYOND, re-download it from the site, and do a fresh reinstallation. If you haven't already yet, I also recommend rebooting the computer--I've noticed that sometimes when my system gets low on memory, apps may fail to start in much the same way you're describing.

Lummox JR