ID:293701

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System: Vista Home Edition
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:When I load up the BYOND application I get a screen on it saying The program cannot display the webpage.

Most Likely Causes:
- You are not connected to the internet.
- The website is encountering problems.
- There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
- Check your internet connection.
- Retype the address.
- Go back to the previous page.

this is all on the home tab of the BYOND application. Also I play Duel Monsters Unlimited and Duel Monsters Expert. When I try searching for cards on there the search function doesn't work. The cards when played by anyone look like gray blocks to me now and the game won't keep my save. I reported this in bugs and they said to take it here. I'm not sure if this is a software problem or a website problem. I'm guessing software because the website works fine on my browser.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:Hell if i know
Greetings Xero Neko Demon of Darkness.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number:440.1018
Operating System: Vista Home Edition
Video/Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
NVIDIA
Integrated RAMDAC
285 MP
1280 x 800
Generic PnP Moniter
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:When I load up the BYOND application I get a screen on it saying The program cannot display the webpage.

Most Likely Causes:
- You are not connected to the internet.
- The website is encountering problems.
- There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
- Check your internet connection.
- Retype the address.
- Go back to the previous page.

this is all on the home tab of the BYOND application. Also I play Duel Monsters Unlimited and Duel Monsters Expert. When I try searching for cards on there the search function doesn't work. The cards when played by anyone look like gray blocks to me now and the game won't keep my save. I reported this in bugs and they said to take it here. I'm not sure if this is a software problem or a website problem. I'm guessing software because the website works fine on my browser. Also each time I close BYOND it says byond.exe has stopped working.

This all started one day when I was on Duel Monsters Unlimited and it said Connection Failed. Then when I opened BYOND the next day it had this issue.

This has lasted about a week or 2.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:Hell if I know
Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?
And what's the security settings?
I am using IE 7.0 and I also have Mozilla Fire Fox. I have security settings turned off becaused they messed with my gaming on everything.
Is IE set up as your standard(default) browser?
Under File-Preferences-Advanced, where does your User directory point to?
IE came on my computer but Firefox is my main use of internet. 1 don't see the point of this I got firefox as an attempt to fix the problem because it started when I just has IE only. Also I just found a new issue when I try to download a BYOND game it says Broken URL.
That is unrelated (most likely).
There might be several games out there with a broken link, as to bad maintenance by the owner (or lacking knowledge in the beginning).
You can test that with a game like Seika, which has a working download link.

You did not answer my question about the user directory though.
i don't know how to check user directory
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Under File-Preferences-Advanced, where does your User directory point to?

In your pager, when you select the menu point File, then Preferences, and look at the Advanced Tab.
File-Preferences-Advanced-User Directory-C:\Users\Tony\Documents\BYOND\
Good, now please direct your explorer to this folder.
Make sure BYOND is closed.
Erase the complete folder.
Then go to the folder you used to install BYOND.
Run the uninstall executable.
Now reinstall BYOND and look out for any error messages that might appear.
Please note that manually erasing the first folder is essential for the success.
When I tried to delete the folder it said a file was corrupted and unreadable. So I opened the folder and deleted each file 1 at a time it then left the cache file only. That folder is corrupted and unreadable. What should I do?
You just found the reason for the malfunction.
Scandisk and similar tools to diagnose what happened are what you have to look for now.
Your HDD has corrupted files on it.