ID:293707

BYOND Build Number:441.1019
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:Not Known
Game Hub/Link:Any
Internet Connection Type:Wireless
Firewalls/Routers:Firewall Disabled, Router hasn't cause problems before.

Problem Description:Whenever Byond opens up it doesn't let me log on. When Byond was on 441.1018 it would say Byond Central is inaccessible and say i was offline, now it just won't let me log on. It started about June 5th.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:Well the day before it happened i was able to log on without Problems. It started happening for no real reason as far as i can see it.
Could you define 'not letting you log on'?
What exactly happens?
Are there any error messages?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Happening to me today.

It just says Logged in as TARDIS [Offline], and it won't update. No other messages.

Reinstalling made it even worse. Before reinstalling I got the home and control panel tabs. Now I just get a white screen with the home tab visible on it. HEEEEEELP
After i put in my Username and Password and press Login Nothing happens, i thought it might've been my Internet Connection so i restarted it and tried again later but nothing happens still.
In response to Mastercrazysjutsu
it's happening to me too. must be BYOND itself.
In response to TARDIS
TARDIS wrote:
it's happening to me too. must be BYOND itself.

yeah same here and i agree
In response to Freyr5542
and im' missing some important stuff thats happening today D;
Mastercrazysjutsu wrote:
BYOND Build Number:441.1019
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:Not Known
Game Hub/Link:Any
Internet Connection Type:Wireless
Firewalls/Routers:Firewall Disabled, Router hasn't cause problems before.

Problem Description:Whenever Byond opens up it doesn't let me log on. When Byond was on 441.1018 it would say Byond Central is inaccessible and say i was offline, now it just won't let me log on. It started about June 5th.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:Well the day before it happened i was able to log on without Problems. It started happening for no real reason as far as i can see it.
to be more accurate it started happening May 30th
Mastercrazysjutsu wrote:

Umm by any change did you install a program with internet security like a firewall that day?
In response to TARDIS
Greetings TARDIS.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Freyr5542
Greetings Freyr5542.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
Are you familiar with packet sniffing software?
That way we could figure if BYOND is attempting to connect to the hub or not.

Could it be that you're running more than one firewall (maybe have a little search through your running process list)?
In response to TARDIS
TARDIS wrote:
Happening to me today.

It just says Logged in as TARDIS [Offline], and it won't update. No other messages.

Reinstalling made it even worse. Before reinstalling I got the home and control panel tabs. Now I just get a white screen with the home tab visible on it. HEEEEEELP

I got the same exact problem yesterday. It only started yesterday too for me. I found out my Zone Alarm was interfering. However, now, I have closed Zone Alarm and it won't let me log in at all either. It says "Validating Key... - Invalid Login". I triplechecked the password, and logged into the website and the website worked fine. Not sure what to do now...
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Greetings Freyr5542.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.

ummm i already fixed mine so thank you anyway
In response to Killerdragon
Did you try to request your password, or did you change it a little while ago?
what's packet sniffing software?
No, but other people(and computers) can log on with the same key. Also(don't know if this intereferes or not) msn has stopped working and I-Explore stopped as well.
That would indicate a non BYOND specific problem, like your router or firewall causing havoc, or your computer having issues with malicious software.
You should try checking these alternatives.
I-explore is fixed now, msn's files are currupted(not anymore since they don't exist lol) and 8'm gonna update Byond again and see if that helps.
It's more on and off really.

This morning I could get onto the BYOND pager just fine with this key.

Now, it's just the same problem.

The build number is 442.1020, if that'll help.
Page: 1 2