ID:293715

BYOND Build Number: 4.0 public version 442.1020
Operating System: XP
Video/Graphics Card: It that's the same as the 'display adapters' in device management, I've got a AIT RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Game Hub/Link:Duel Monsters Unlimited (then again, this is the only game I play here)
Internet Connection Type: Wireless router
Firewalls/Routers: Comcast modem (never had a problem), Norton 360 (never had a problem...and haven't re-configured in a good while...)

Problem Description: When I click on the 'join', I get the following:
Cannot find byond://BYOND.world.1089163895/
BYOND Central is not accessable.

Also, I seem to stay offline with a white screen and just the home tab visable.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: It's every time I click on join after I updated BYOND to version 2.2. I think It was 2.2...it's the most recent one, I got a prompt for it.

Thanks guys. I greatly appreciate this.
This article might prove informative reading material.
My guess would be that the Norton firewall is the culprit, due to version checking being activated.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
This article might prove informative reading material.
My guess would be that the Norton firewall is the culprit, due to version checking being activated.

Here's the thing, Norton was never a problem before. Before I upgraded BYOND to....version 2.2 I think it was....I was absolutely fine. Perhapse I have to re-configure it again?

If Norton IS the problem, then I have a serious problem. Norton 360 was the main protection I put on...until about 4 months ago, when I got a free copy of Symantic client security (symantic antivirus) and put it on my computer, which 'suspended' 360. I can open the antivirus no problem, but whenever I go to open 360 it does nothing...like its fast asleep. I did try to uninstall both, but when I go to uninstall 360, it freezes on the web protection. Thank goodness for goback. I'm going to be reporting this to symantic sometime today and hopefully get help on this, but until then...if norton firewall IS the problem, I'm kind of stuck....
In response to Warriorjames999
Actually, Symantic and Norton have a long history of causing trouble. This seems to confirm itself for you and I would say that you might be better off solving this issue first and only after that's done, looking for BYOND.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
how do i get norton and the other thing?
In response to Fireball555
Uh, I'm sorry, but that is a bit out of context?
Even more, why should you want to be eager getting software that is known to cause a lot of issues?