ID:293794

BYOND Build Number:446.1027
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:Intel(R)82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Grapics Controller
Game Hub/Link:http://www.byond.com/games/Mista-mage123/MegamanLegacy
Internet Connection Type:router
Firewalls/Routers:Firewall allows all byond programs through

Problem Description:I tried to do port forwarding but when i was writing down my DNS Servers i had only 1 so when i tried putting the same one into primary and alternate i couldn't so i canceled out and when i tried going to my firewall to use the add port there by picking TCP name dreamdaemon port 35529 then i click ok and when i tried hosting on daemon the thing that said port (port here) cannot be reached by players didn't show up so i tried logging my alt in and it worked so i asked my friends if they could log in but they couldn't.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.try port forwarding
2.add port
3.try to host
I would guess that 'cancel' kind of stopped the set up process for port forwarding on your router, but you did not mention the router you're using, so, I wouldn't know.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
I would guess that 'cancel' kind of stopped the set up process for port forwarding on your router, but you did not mention the router you're using, so, I wouldn't know.

I canceled because i couldn't continue with one DNS Server and i'm using D-Link DI-624
In response to Jimmyjasy
Did you carefully read and follow through all of these steps, followed by the guide provided for your router?

*edited link*
In response to Jimmyjasy
Then what step was causing you issues exactly?
Since the documentation clearly tells you where to derive your DNS server(s).
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Then what step was causing you issues exactly?
Since the documentation clearly tells you where to derive your DNS server(s).

the one when u open type in ipconfig/all there was only ONE DNS server so i can't put in 2
In response to Jimmyjasy
Well, what does the guide mention for the case that you find only one DNS server?
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Well, what does the guide mention for the case that you find only one DNS server?

thats the thing it dosen't tell you what to do if you only have 1 DNS server
In response to Jimmyjasy
Directly from the guide:

"The name server entries are a bit complicated. Name Server is just another name for DNS(domain name server) server. Some router's act as a proxy between the actual name servers and your computer. You will know when this is the case, because the Default Gateway will list the same ip address as the Name Servers entry. We need to have the correct Name Server IP addresses. If we do not, you will not be able to browse the web. There are a couple ways to get these. The first way is to log into your router's web interface, and look at your router's status page. On that page you should see an entry for DNS Servers, or Name Servers. Write down the ip adresses of your Name Servers. Another way to get the correct Name Servers to use, is to give your ISP a call. They should know the ip addresses of your Name Servers right off. If they ask you why you need them, you can tell them you are trying to setup a static IP address on your computer. If they try to sell you a static external ip address, don't buy it. That's an entirely different thing that what you are trying to setup."