ID:293805

BYOND Build Number:idk
Operating System:WindowsXP
Video/Graphics Card:idk
Game Hub/Link:any game on byond
Internet Connection Type:via linksys
Firewalls/Routers:Window's provided firewall

Problem Description:Ok before you reply saying you donnot understand the problem please listen.

Ok the other day I was play IU and I suddenly lagged out. So I attempted to log back on and the launching dream seeker mesage came up like it usually does. So I waited for about three minutes and the launching dream seeker message was still there. So I thought the server just crashed and decided to play another game. So After searching for a new game I clicke the join game button and the same problem happened. but this time I couldn't even play the game. I just saw the launching dream seeker message. Then I tried playing IU and it did the same thing again. I also tred a couple of other games and failed to play them also. Tonight I went to a party and got on a computer and byond worked perfectly. Then when I got home tonight and got on byonf it still didn't work. It still say launching dream seeker and the game never comes. This time i waited an hour for the game to come up and nothing happened. I've seen other people with this problem and saw that they couldn't get answers because they weren't detailed so I decided to speak up and report this major bug/error or whatever your want to call it. please help!!!!

Steps to Reproduce Problem:1) I cleared the cache
2)I reinstalled byond
3)I deleted the cache folder
4)I renamed the cfg folder
5)I gave byond access to my firewall
6)I did everything else already suggested.
But you can log-in on your pager, right?
(It should say "Logged in as WolfFang54 [Public]")
When you Click on Help->About BYOND, what version number does it display in the left bottom edge?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
i fixed this problem by deleting the cache. just serve for byond on My Computer, look for the cache, then delete it.
In response to Krud14
Ok. somehow I fixed the problem. I tried deleting the cache but it didn't work. What I did was delete any byond file (excluding icons and hosting files) Then I uninstalled Byond and reinstalled it. I asume it was doing that because I damaged the Byond folder or something. (You can't just simply reinstall Byond. You have to delete all Byond folders first)
Yes you can log on your pager. all of this started after I got the lastest version. but I fixed it.
Umm...... SIr where is the cache folder? i can't seem to find i on my BYOND folder im on the same problem too so please BYOND admins help us!!!!!
my version number is 447.1028, he and I are on the same problem!!! oh no!! please hellp us!!
In response to -KiraXLacus-
Greetings -KiraXLacus-.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please, for the sake or readability, create a new thread with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

As for your question, you can find details here.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.