ID:293815

BYOND Build Number:448.1030
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic
Video/Graphics Card:1.3GB Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:Cable
Firewalls/Routers: Vista Firewall. Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless

Problem Description: I have been logging into a game (any game so far), and I can move around( at a very slow pace) for maybe a minute before it tells me connections failed. I am now attempting to port forward and I can not get dreamseeker to open so as to find out what ports it is using. I feel like i am missing something right under my nose now and feel embarrassed to ask but what do I do?

I'm not exactly sure as to what your question is here, sorry.
Are you concerned that you are being disconnected often?
That is likely either your internet connection, or your firewall blocking the data.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
yes, after posting i realized i was not clear. how do i open the dreamseeker to check the port being used?
In response to Aaron5678
I'm unsure on why you would even want to do that.
You do not need to forward any ports unless you are trying to host yourself.
So, if I did not misunderstand your problem, the reason is either your firewall not permitting all the required BYOND executables access to the internet, or your connection is suffering problems.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
hmm ok, it must be my connection. Thank you.
In response to Aaron5678
That should be easy to prove.
Can you play other on-line games without trouble?
(If you need an example game, BZFlag is free and uses a constant TCP connection as well in the last stable release).
If you do not suffer problems on a match there, then your inet connection is fine and it is most likely a firewall problem (or, less likely, a BYOND bug).