ID:293818

BYOND Build Number:448.1029
Operating System:Vista
Video/Graphics Card:Intel express chipset
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:DSL
Firewalls/Routers:Linksys, no firewall

Problem Description:I just followed the steps on portforward.com on how to set up everything for hosting, and when i host a game, dream daemon says that the port is open to players, but players cant join it for some reason, i tried to join the game from hub and it says connection died. im only using one port and i never changed it. im not sure how to fix this.

i alerady went to that thread, but it didnt help
Did you provide the needed security exceptions for the BYOND executables in all of your firewalls?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
all my firewalls are turned off
In response to Braveboii93
Which port are you trying to host on?
Most likely it is either a conflicting port, or you made a mistake when trying to set up port forwarding, which would be next to impossible to diagnose.
my port is 1001, but ill try changing ports to see if dats the problem
i changed the port to 3000 and the same thing happened again, dream daemon said that the port is open to players, but when i try to connect to it through the hub, it says connection died. i dont know if this information will help, but i had to configure my linksys router and my dsl modem for port forwarding to work. if i only configured my router, the port forwarding wouldnt work.
You say that BYOND notifies you of players being able to join, but in this posting you said that you are unable to join your game. Did you ever try with people outside of your own network?
(When are you hosting the game?)
What game are you trying to host?
i tried asking a friend of mine on my pager to join and he was able to join in, but he wasn't able to join before, but im happy the problem is fixed, thanks for your help