ID:293822

BYOND Build Number:447.1028
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:Cable
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:
Every time I click BYOND to open it, it opens automatically logs in, and then nothing. I wait, and wait to see if it'll come online, but I'm just offline. Ex. Hokage127 [Offline]
I'm not trying to host or anything, just trying to play a game, and every time I do try to connect to the game while Offline, it says Connected to World for a second then Connection Closed.
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Downgrading to 435, 447.
2. Upgrading to the newest BYOND 450.
3. Reboot my computer.
4. Reboot internet connection.
My isnt working too and i dont know what to do if it doesnt work soon im going to have to find another game.
BYOND Build Number:450.1032
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeoForce2 MX 100/200
Game Hub/Link: N/A
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall

Problem Description: Well, when i open my pager, i type in my Key and Password, like always, but when i log in, i stay offline. I don't know why it does that, but i cant join any games. I tried Re-installing, Exiting, and Re-Opening, and Restarting my computer, but its still the same.
It started yesterday around 8, or 9 pm.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:Unknown
In response to Isaac3504
BYOND Build Number:450.1032
Operating System:Windows XP 32 and Windows Vista 64
Video/Graphics Card: Multiple, not the problem
Game Hub/Link: All.
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall

Problem Description: The pager does not connect and it says BYOND Central is not accessible. This problem began last night at around 8 or 9 and I have had no previous network problems using BYOND. There are no applications running that would block my access to BYOND.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: A server went down last night and I was unable to reconnect. Cannot connect to any server at the moment. I have tried this with multiple computers on my network.

And before anything else, yes I have gone through BYOND's help faqs on deleting the cache, reinstalling, and renaming the cfg folder.
In response to Isaac3504
Uh... Hello? Not trying to sound pushy, or mean, but i thought BYOND responded to the Help Forums more Quickly than this...
In response to Isaac3504
Yeah, I also have this problem. It's odd how they aren't replying. I'm also assuming they might be trying to fix it now, or come up with a solution. This has happened before, it could be just with the new update possibly.
In response to Isaac3504
They are being VERY slow with fixing this, I have the exact problem, and all they ever wanna do it act like I'm a retard, I've done nothing wrong, and to be honest done nothing to make byond mess up, and I've read most of all these posts of people having problems and done EVERYTHING they've said and it's still not working, so I HOPE their working on away of fixing it! cause god knows I'm bored and pissed off I'm wasting my day off sitting on my ass not gaming!
In response to Cid2k_2
Cid2k_2 wrote:
They are being VERY slow with fixing this, I have the exact problem, and all they ever wanna do it act like I'm a retard, I've done nothing wrong, and to be honest done nothing to make byond mess up, and I've read most of all these posts of people having problems and done EVERYTHING they've said and it's still not working, so I HOPE their working on away of fixing it! cause god knows I'm bored and pissed off I'm wasting my day off sitting on my ass not gaming!

I know right! I read some posts too! Now they arent even responding! Byond is the only thing i play...If i cant play it within the next day, ill go beserk.
In response to Cid2k_2
same here jsut liek they said mine allso messed up around 8 or 9 and i can't get on and i want 2 play some games
In response to Killbob12
We should do something about this, And they say they Usually Fix the Problem within 24 hours, and if the problem persists, its something that WE did. Clearly, i dont think thats the case, maybe they are covering up that they dont know how to fix it o.o.
In response to SwiftBlackNinjaMan
omg im havin the same problem too but 2 of my friends sed theres are working fine idk why this happend to me i have a pretty fast comp
In response to Isaac3504
Since BYOND doesn't seem to want to respond and the problem is continuing, what could be the common cause of this problem? What router and what ISP are you guys who cannot connect using?
In response to SwiftBlackNinjaMan
i'm having the same problem. 'tis a dlink DI-514 and i'm using comcast
In response to Isaac3504
BYOND Build Number: 450.1032
Operating System: Windows XP SP 3
Video/Graphics Card: Geforce 7600 GT
Game Hub/Link: N/A
Internet Connection Type: Cable
Firewalls/Routers: Linksys WRT54GL - static IP, pager port set, port forwarded and verified

Problem Description: Unable to verify key for new account, unable to connect to HUB or games. Unable to log in to pager. Played last night, lost connection to game, and have not been able to log in to Byond since. Have uninstalled/reinstalled client to no avail. Clearing cache and renaming config folders does not have any effect. Clearing cache/cookies in browser has no effect. No system changes since playing last night.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: N/A
In response to Samboni
In the pager, try using the Delete Account button to remove any existing keys that the pager might have saved, and then do a fresh login with your account. Does that solve the problem?
In response to Isaac3504
Sorry for the delay. Usually with a new release a lot of people have issues logging in due to their firewall (router or Windows firewall) not accepting the new software. But we are getting more complaints than usual so it looks like it is something else here. Unfortunately none of the staff or testers is having the problem so it is not obvious.

The first thing to try is to look into the aforementioned firewall configuration, see: http://www.byond.com/members/ BYONDHelp?command=view_post&post=29746 for a little info.

If that doesn't work, we need to figure out where things started going wrong. Please post the last BYOND version that worked for you. It would help to confirm if it still works, or if any older versions do. Older downloads can be found at http://www.byond.com/download/build/ with the windows executables being of the form VERSION.SUBVERSION_byond.exe. So to test v.446 (which was the last one released publicly), you would grab http://www.byond.com/download/build/446.1027_byond.exe. That is a good one to test and I'm very curious if it fixes the problem.
In response to XxKnightmarexX
its only happening 2 random people people
In response to Tom
i am still having the problem whats up
In response to Killbob12
Killbob12 wrote:
i am still having the problem whats up

You need to follow the steps I mentioned in my post and report back. Since we are not seeing the problem ourselves we can't fix it without some feedback beyond "it's not working".
In response to Tom
I set my firewall to allow byond and forwarded the port I was using for byond and it still isn't connecting.
Page: 1 2 3