In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Killbob12 wrote:
i am still having the problem whats up

You need to follow the steps I mentioned in my post and report back. Since we are not seeing the problem ourselves we can't fix it without some feedback beyond "it's not working". i did follow it and it still don't work
In response to Lummox JR
I can't connect to the hub to log in, so there's not even the option of deleting the key.
In response to Isaac3504
Did this happen only after you upgraded, or was the new version working fine for a while? It may be an issue with your ISP not seeing the machine which hosts the hub. We had DNS issues last week and from the website complaints it's possible they are still happening.

To test this, go to Start->Run and type: cmd
then do: ping hub.byond.com
also try: ping byond1.byond.com

If those fail, try the command: ipconfig /flushdns
and then redo the ping tests.

Report results here. We can provide a workaround if this is the problem. Also, it should resolve itself naturally over time.

In response to Killbob12
Killbob12 wrote:
Tom wrote:
Killbob12 wrote:
i am still having the problem whats up

You need to follow the steps I mentioned in my post and report back. Since we are not seeing the problem ourselves we can't fix it without some feedback beyond "it's not working". i did follow it and it still don't work

You need to provide details. Did you download & install version 446? Also, see my latest post, since it looks at this from a different direction. We are thinking it may not be a software issue after all.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:

If that doesn't work, we need to figure out where things started going wrong. Please post the last BYOND version that worked for you. It would help to confirm if it still works, or if any older versions do. Older downloads can be found at http://www.byond.com/download/build/ with the windows executables being of the form VERSION.SUBVERSION_byond.exe. So to test v.446 (which was the last one released publicly), you would grab http://www.byond.com/download/build/446.1027_byond.exe. That is a good one to test and I'm very curious if it fixes the problem.

The earlier build didn't work for me. The current version worked fine for me since it was released as I was playing it, then all of a sudden the "BYOND Central is not accessible." message pops up whenever a server connect is attempted or you try to sign onto the pager.

This error started popping up last night after we'd(well I know I had been) playing with the new version for a few days. I also tried an earlier 420 build and it also had the same HUB connection problem.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Did this happen only after you upgraded, or was the new version working fine for a while? It may be an issue with your ISP not seeing the machine which hosts the hub. We had DNS issues last week and from the website complaints it's possible they are still happening.

Report results here. We can provide a workaround if this is the problem. Also, it should resolve itself naturally over time.

TL;DR Version: All timed out.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>ping hub.byond.com

Pinging byond1.byond.com [67.228.127.154] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 67.228.127.154:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>/
'/' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>soping byond1.byond.com
'soping' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>ping byond1.byond.com

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>ipconfig /flushdns

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>ping hub.byond.com

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>ping byond1.byond.com

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick>
In response to Tom
this started happening with the previous version, and in both cases, before and after flushing the dns cache, i got "request timed out"
In response to Galenus
I'm using Buffalo WHR-G125 and Comcast is my ISP as well. Beginning to see a correlation with Cable connections. I wonder if it's an issue with Comcast?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:

pinging both from NJ gets timed out (100% loss), both before and after dns flush.

as for the byond hub window, i get "byond hub: connection failed" and "byond central is not accessible" messages. the workaround, albeit a weak one, so far is to just terminate the byond program and launch a game from the byond website, pretty much joining as a guest.
In response to Tom
NONE of it works. I don't want to do that PORT forwarding because all it's done for me is
1. NOT work
2. SCREW up my internet(Which I fix MYSELF)
It's worked fine until I got that damn update.
I've been patient all day, and then you tell me what I've already tried. The update is the issue obviously, perhaps PUTTING up the 4.49 and letting us use that instead of totally wiping it off the map and telling us to use something that doesn't work and requires a WHOLE different process to do.
In response to Zewo
Zewo wrote:
NONE of it works. I don't want to do that PORT forwarding because all it's done for me is
1. NOT work
2. SCREW up my internet(Which I fix MYSELF)
It's worked fine until I got that damn update.
I've been patient all day, and then you tell me what I've already tried. The update is the issue obviously, perhaps PUTTING up the 4.49 and letting us use that instead of totally wiping it off the map and telling us to use something that doesn't work and requires a WHOLE different process to do.

The update is not the issue. If you tried downgrading you would see that for yourself.
In response to SwiftBlackNinjaMan
I tried god damnit, maybe if the DOWNGRADING was clearly shown. I've looked, obviously THEY did something different. Because it's effecting more then just me, it's clearly effecting A LOT of people. So it's NOT a good sign kid.
In response to Zewo
Zewo wrote:
I tried god damnit, maybe if the DOWNGRADING was clearly shown. I've looked, obviously THEY did something different. Because it's effecting more then just me, it's clearly effecting A LOT of people. So it's NOT a good sign kid.

What is your ISP, out of curiosity?
OK, the problem is that the nameserver information has become corrupted in some areas and affected machines are not able to see our hub process (that connects to the main database).

Since you can presumably see our web machine, we have hosted an alternate hub process there. To access it:

1) Close all BYOND programs.
2) Open up the pager, byond.exe
3) Go to File -> Preferences -> Advanced
4) In the "Hub Address" box, type: www.byond.com:6001
5) Try to login

Let us know if that works.
In response to SwiftBlackNinjaMan
Explain to me WHY you want to know?
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
OK, the problem is that the nameserver information has become corrupted in some areas and affected machines are not able to see our hub process (that connects to the main database).

Since you can presumably see our web machine, we have hosted an alternate hub process there. To access it:

1) Close all BYOND programs.
2) Open up the pager, byond.exe
3) Go to File -> Preferences -> Advanced
4) In the "Hub Address" box, type: www.byond.com:6001
5) Try to login

Let us know if that works.

Bingo. You rule. Thanks for the fix!
In response to Tom
Ah, yeah it works. So I'm assuming it was because the HUD address wasn't somehow connected to the pager right?
In response to Zewo
It has nothing to do with the update. It was just a coincidence that the DNS issue affected your (and others') ISP around the same time we released the new version. See my other post for a workaround. Although be warned that this may not hold up since the problem could propagate to our website machine. In that case you'll just have to wait it out until the DNS gets properly updated by your ISP.
In response to Tom
This fixed my login problem, but I still can't log into a game.
In response to Zewo
Zewo wrote:
Ah, yeah it works. So I'm assuming it was because the HUD address wasn't somehow connected to the pager right?

It's because you can't see our main machine, hub.byond.com (try pinging it to see). That is not on our end-- your ISP got corrupted nameserver information. This happens from time to time. If the website suddenly becomes inaccessible in the next few days, it's the same issue. In that case you will have the same hub problems because this "fix" is now pointing your pager to look at the web machine, where we are hosting an alternate process.
Page: 1 2 3