In response to Tom
The only possible way for it to be corrupted is with a change with your "byond" application. Since beforehand it worked, and no system things were changed on my PC. So would it be mainly because when the app was ran our system and yours didn't work in unison correctly?
In response to Tom
If you'd notice...Port forwarding...doesn't help when it's outdated. I've tried it multiple times when I have both a RCA Router directly to comcast, and a Linksys as well. It's VERY hard to do...
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
OK, the problem is that the nameserver information has become corrupted in some areas and affected machines are not able to see our hub process (that connects to the main database).

Since you can presumably see our web machine, we have hosted an alternate hub process there. To access it:

1) Close all BYOND programs.
2) Open up the pager, byond.exe
3) Go to File -> Preferences -> Advanced
4) In the "Hub Address" box, type: www.byond.com:6001
5) Try to login

Let us know if that works.
Oh, hey, it worked. Thanks.
In response to Zewo
Zewo wrote:
The only possible way for it to be corrupted is with a change with your "byond" application. Since beforehand it worked, and no system things were changed on my PC. So would it be mainly because when the app was ran our system and yours didn't work in unison correctly?

No, it has nothing to do with us. This would have happened if we didn't release the update. The problem is with your ISP (or more likely an issue between your ISP and ours).
In response to Tom
Your byond server hub was never registered on my pager....

Go into Pager<File<Preferences<Advanced
Then in the Hub Address you can put www.byond.com
It worked for me, I'm assuming that mightive been the case.

www.byond.com
In response to Tom
Actually I just put www.byond.com in for the Hub address, and it worked. I didn't do the 6001 thing.

My Hub address wasn't even filled in when I put your solution in, and I just tested this.
In response to Zewo
Zewo wrote:
Actually I just put www.byond.com in for the Hub address, and it worked. I didn't do the 6001 thing.

My Hub address wasn't even filled in when I put your solution in, and I just tested this.

It uses port 6001 by default, so www.byond.com and www.byond.com:6001 are the same thing.

An empty hub address uses the default setting, which is hub.byond.com:6001. You are currently not able to reach that machine (test with: ping hub.byond.com) which is why you were having the problem. We prefer that people connect to hub.byond.com:6001 instead of www.byond.com:6001 since the second one is our web machine, but in this case you are only seeing the web machine so it's all we can do.

In v.451 we'll setup these fallback addresses by default so you won't have to do this should the problem arise in the future.
In response to Tom
Thanks. It's hard to understand the system with multiple connects arising.
In response to Tom
Thank you, it worked. Sorry for the late reply, went to boxing practice and was tired when I got home, so I couldn't check it, but I really appreciate it now I get to play my favorite games. xP
In response to Tom
Don't know if you saw this earlier, but I'm able to log in to the pager, but I get a failure when connecting to games. In particular I'm trying to connect to byond://slurm.us:26300/.
In response to Samboni
Samboni wrote:
Don't know if you saw this earlier, but I'm able to log in to the pager, but I get a failure when connecting to games. In particular I'm trying to connect to byond://slurm.us:26300/.

I am able to reach that. Are you able to ping that address (ping slurm.us)? It seems as if some ISPs are having DNS issues so it may be more widespread than our hub machine.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Samboni wrote:

I am able to reach that. Are you able to ping that address (ping slurm.us)? It seems as if some ISPs are having DNS issues so it may be more widespread than our hub machine.

Looks like that's unpingable right now. The internet is conspiring against us!
In response to Samboni
I DID IT!!!!!! Guys! If you have a router with port forwarding, make sure that you set your pager port also! Woohoo! BYOND is Back!!
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
OK, the problem is that the nameserver information has become corrupted in some areas and affected machines are not able to see our hub process (that connects to the main database).

Since you can presumably see our web machine, we have hosted an alternate hub process there. To access it:

5) Try to login

when i got to pager->file> prefrences>advanced

theres no preference option for me
In response to Mikeyz3
Mikeyz3 wrote:

Uh? Sorry, but that makes little sense.
How can you go to preferences without going to preferences?
*looks puzzled*
In response to Mikeyz3
Mikeyz3 wrote:
Tom wrote:

5) Try to login

Open up the pager and Push cntrl+p. Then, go to the Advanced tab, for the hub Adress enter, www.byond.com:6001. That fixed my problem, i hope it works for you.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:

5) Try to login

IT WORKS! THANK YOU TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3