ID:293830

BYOND Build Number:451.1033 (Newest)
Operating System:Microsoft, Windows XP Pro.
Video/Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT.
Game Hub/Link:All Games.
Internet Connection Type::DSL.
Firewalls/Routers:
Router (YES), Windows Firewall (OFF).

Problem Description:
First, you should know that this problem occurs in my brothers computer, in my old computer (occured) and in my new computer that I bought in 29/6.

So I turn byond's pager on and enter my user+password, now, two things usually happen:

1.Im going public,
the pager shows "Deyefire[public]" and when I go to games tab and search for, lets say games under anime catagory, it finds them and then when I connect a game it says
"BYOND Central is not accessible."
or it might not even show me the list of the games...

2.Im not going public (surprising...)
the pager stays offline "Deyefire[offline]"

This problems is going on for a few months and I can bearly access any games. I tried to do the thing that this says:
http://www.byond.com/members/?command=view_post&post=78854
and I tried to change my port through
pager->pref->advanced->pager port, and enabling the port (10002) in the router options.
I've searched the forums for any help but even when I found a realated topic it didn't work for me.
Someone please help me.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Unknown.
All three computers are having the same issue and are connected to the same router, as I take it?
Did BYOND work properly on them before?
If so, when did the problem arise (what did you change around that time)?
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I'm currently not using the old computer but it used to happen on it too.

BYOND used to work, Im not so sure when it started having problems but it might have to do something with the router.
I use WRT54GS (router) do you know about any problems with it, or maybe I need to open a port...?

It worked ok before we used router but im pretty sure it worked good even a little after we got the router.

//EDIT//
So... my dad somehow managed to solve this case but it appears I have another problem.
When I double click a game on the pager list it starts downloading resources, but it stops downloading them in 1%-3%

Why do I have so many problems..?!
If someone happens to know the answer to my game loading problem please reply.
In response to Deyefire275
Ive got the same problem it keeps saying: Failed to open server prot! ive tried it over 50 times and nothing
Are you trying to join a game or to host a game?
In response to JROCKET
Greetings JROCKET.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your computer as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please, for the sake of readability, create a new thread with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

I'm not sure how you even come to the conclusion that the problems are related, because you're getting very different errors.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Are you trying to join a game or to host a game?

I am trying to join a game.
And the problem I had a few hours ago seems to be coming back... Ill tell me dad to try and fix the previous problem again,but I still can't enter games.
That would actually indicate problems on your connection (both dropping on the connection to BYOND as well as to a game server).
Can you keep a steady TCP connection normally?
Deyefire275 wrote:
So... my dad somehow managed to solve this case but it appears I have another problem.
When I double click a game on the pager list it starts downloading resources, but it stops downloading them in 1%-3%

This problem indicates that your router is dropping the connection. If you have a wireless router (as I think is likely) then it's probably something as simple as a poor signal. It could also mean the wireless router is simply no longer functioning right; I've found them to be exceptionally flaky devices myself. Perhaps coincidentally, the first flaky wireless router (actually a wireless switch) I had was a Linksys much like yours, and at one point I was fed up with my hard-line Linksys router experiencing frequent "burnouts" and replaced it with a D-Link.

If you do not have a wireless router, and are using hard connections all the way from your computer to the physical Internet connection, then it could be something more serious. The router or modem could be going bad, or you could be having a connection problem upstream from your ISP.

My advice would be if you're using a wireless router, check on signal strength and run some experiments with computer and router placement to see if you can manage to improve the connection. There might be devices you can buy to extend or relay the signal, though I'm not up enough on the technology to say for sure. If those efforts fail or you are not using a wireless router, then the next step would be to run some TCP/IP diagnostics like tracert, or try using a replacement router if you have a spare or access to one you can borrow that is known to be reliable. If a temporary replacement fixes the problem, then a permanent replacement is your solution. If not, it might be worth talking to the ISP to find out if they're having any connection issues.

Lummox JR