ID:293832

BYOND Build Number:451.1033
Operating System:Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card:I'm not sure.
Game Hub/Link:Every game i try to join/host.
Internet Connection Type:Broadband?
Firewalls/Routers:Linksys WRT54GS (I'm sure this isn't it.)

Problem Description:
Every single game i try to join i get about a 3 second lag on, and every single game i try to host, all the joiners get a 3 second lag.
I also get lag when sending a BYOND Page. (It dosen't come up on my pager until 3 seconds after it should)

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Join/Host a game or send a page.
Could you elaborate a bit on that?
What exactly do you mean by 'a 3 second lag', lag between what?
Sending pages has some delay built into the system anyway. It is impossible for the hub to deliver messages instantly based on how it is constructed. That it takes just a few seconds is actually good behavior.

Lag in a game could be caused by all sorts of things though, most commonly an underpowered system or low memory, or a host with lots of players connected. Using a wireless router may also slow the connection slightly (though not by a heck of a lot) because you have to account for the transmission and encryption delay between your computer and the router. (If it isn't encrypted, it should be.) Without knowing more of your system specs or knowing which games you're trying to join, it's impossible to say for sure.

Actually hosting a game on a wireless router will probably slow things down a little though. My (limited) understanding is that typical wireless connections have lower throughput than physical connections. You should still be able to host, but I wouldn't rule out lag and I think you'd probably be limited to a lower number of connected players before performance started to drop off.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Well everyone that joins gets about a 3 second .ping, even when there's just 2 people on (Me and the host.)

And when i try to join a game, no matter what game, or how many people, still, at least a 3 second ping.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
A 3+ second lag between button presses and movement. Sometimes more, never less.
In response to NeonJ
I'm sorry to say, but that indicates problems with your internet connection.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
We just figured that out not long ago. Thanks for the help anyway!