ID:293858

BYOND Build Number:450
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Video/Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Game Hub/Link:None
Internet Connection Type: Modem (Cable connection)
Firewalls/Routers:Windows Firewall

Problem Description:Connection fails when successfully entering a game, downloading resources stucks at the begging.

Steps to Reproduce Problem: Deleted cache folder, renamed cfg to cfg_old, editted firewall settings, Tried Alot of Bleach BYOND Games...

I Also have tried on the other computer and it still didn't work. Also I used to play but it was all laggy and the player barely moved, and it was hard to play with but now I can't even play at all! HELP PLEASE!
First of all, I'd suggest updating to the most recent version, since 450 had some issues, so there might have been a bugfix for you already ;)

If that does not work, please tell me how you are connecting to a game and what the pager says after you try to log-in (especially in the status line).
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I Already updated and this didn't help at all.
I connects to A game clicking "Join" in the game's hub.
The pager says "connecting to (IP number)" then "downloading resources" and it stucks at 0% or somtimes 1% or 2%.
In response to Glacomaru
Information such as that you tried to update would be very nice to know, so is there anything else you could add?

You did not reply on what the status line says when you log in on your pager.

What happens when you directly open a location?

Do you have hardware acceleration set?
The status line says when I log in on my page is "Logged in as Glacomaru [Public]".
When I open a location It stil stucks at resources download.
And some locations write at the pager messege box "Connection failed"
What acceleration you reffering to?
In response to Glacomaru
What happens if you connect to byond://216.66.76.220:6030 ?
Go to File->Preferences->Games and see if Graphic acceleration is checked.
When I connect to Chatters, after a few seconds it says "Connection Failed".
and yes, the Graphic acceleration is checked.
In response to Glacomaru
That means you actually managed to download the resources and connect successfully to chatters, even though only for a short time?
Yes I did successfully connected to Chatters, but just for a few seconds.
Currect me if I wrong but Chatters doesn't require that much resources, while the other games I wish to play require much more, which downloading them stucking at 1% or so.
In response to Glacomaru
That is the very reason I asked you to try it.
Since now we know it is no logic error within your BYOND, as else the download would have had failed at 1-3% again.
Since you disconnected again, I have to assume that you either have trouble with your internet connection, or, more likely, did not set up your firewall to properly allow all three important byond executables.
Can I ask please, What are the three important BYOND executables?
Also how can I set up The firewall to properly allow these three important BYOND executables?
I cannot find any problem with my internet, so it must to be the firewall that blocks BYOND from logging to games.
In response to Glacomaru
Sure, they are:
byond.exe
dreamseeker.exe
dreamdaemon.exe
Ok, I managed to allow these, but it seems the resources download and connection to the BYOND Hub still fails.
In response to Glacomaru
Can you play other, non BYOND related on-line games?
Yes.
In response to Glacomaru
Do you have any programming experience, or do you have any BYOND games you could host?
I'd like to see if a local DreamSeeker instance would crash after a while as well.
No, I don't have any programming experince nor I know how to host A BYOND game.
That one could work.
In response to Glacomaru
byond://Abra.Castle##version=59

When you click that link, what happens?
It's downloading the resources...
I Succeed to enter the game.
Also I found out that i can connect to http://www.byond.com/games/SeireiteiProductions/ BleachLasNoches and play fine except that the movement speed in game stucks...
In response to Glacomaru
Now would you try connecting to byond://216.66.76.220:6030 again and see if you get kicked still?
Page: 1 2