ID:293877

BYOND Build Number: 454.1036
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2
Video/Graphics Card: Radeon X1300 Series
Game Hub/Link:
http://www.byond.com/games/Falacy/DragonBallZHeroesUnited
Internet Connection Type:
Probably cable. It is a university internet network.
Firewalls/Routers:
Commodo free Firewall. No router
Problem Description:

Yesterday, I was on Main server 4 in Dragon Ball Z Heroes United. I had to be away from the computer for a few hours, but when I came back, I had been disconnected from the game. When I tried to reconnect, it kept saying "Connection Failed" and I closed it and tried to reconnect through the Byond website (link), but all it does is say "connecting to byond//(server number)" and it doesn't connect. Eventually, the "connecting" window closes itself without connecting, and I'm left with the pager. I CAN connect to other servers that aren't main ones and even connect to other games such as Naruto: GOA and Bleach: Las Noches. On a hunch, I tried to clear my Cache, but that didn't help. I recently switched from a home DSL network to a university one at the beginning of the week, and there have been no problems until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

All I do is open the Byond pager, and select the link in the bookmarks tab. I have tried other links, website and such, as well, with no go.

Thank You Very Much.
New Symptom I didn't notice before. Before the connecting window closes itself, it briefly displays the message "Connection Failed". It shows it so fast, it's hard to tell. In addition, when I followed the advice of running cmd.exe from the Run command, then type in ping hub.byond.com
and it just times out, receiving none of the data packets it sent.

Any help would be appreciated.
In response to JW102788
This is a problem with a specific game (and even there only with a specific server), not with BYOND.
So, you'll have to address the host/administration team of said game.
There could be a multitude of problems.
You could have been banned, your university network could have banned the game, or the host could have issues, just to name three prominent ones.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Network admins at your Uni could have noticed lots of traffic on the port the game uses. Not knowing what it was for (or knowing what it was for: games) may have prompted them to close the port.
In response to digitalmouse
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
(...)your university network could have banned the game(...)

Uhm. Yes? Like I said?

*is puzzled on what the digi mouse meant to point out*
In response to Schnitzelnagler
your reply was generic, my reply was specific.
In response to digitalmouse
After some troubleshooting, I determined that its apparently my computer. I was able to log on to the DBZ: Heroes United Main Servers just fine using a different computer, but same internet connection. The question is, what's wrong with my PC?

All Help would be appreciated.