ID:293901

BYOND Build Number: I dont know, the version is 451.1.36
Operating System:Windows XP Service Pack 2
Video/Graphics Card: AMD Athlon 64 X2
Game Hub/Link:Every game
Internet Connection Type: 1 M, 1 giga
Firewalls/Routers: Firewall: Mcaffe and XP firewal/Routers DL 614+

Problem Description: Every time i join into game it says BYOND Central is not accessible. It happens to me like for 2 months, and in every PC i use. I have opened the ports, deleted the cache, and every thing that I know, i allowed byond from the firewall, almost everything

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I dont know
Please follow through the steps provided here. Thank you in advance.

Some additional questions
Did BYOND ever work for you?
If so, when did it cease functionality and what did you change around that time?
Last but not least, go to Start->Run and type: cmd
then do: ping hub.byond.com
also try: ping byond1.byond.com

If those fail, try the command: ipconfig /flushdns
and then redo the ping tests.

Report results here. We can provide a workaround if this is the problem.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND worked almost every day, until i update it. I followed the instructions but nothing worked :/

Here is what happen when i put ping hub.byond.com:

Making ping whit byond1.byond.com [67.228.127.154] whit 32 bytes of information:

Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 temp=239ms TTL=49
Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 temp=288ms TTL=49
Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 temp=289ms TTL=49
Reply from 67.228.127.154: bytes=32 temp=239ms TTL=49

Stats of ping to 67.228.127.154:
Paquetes: send = 4, arrived = 4, lost = 0
(0% lost),
Aprox time of send and arrival in miniseconds:
Míni = 239ms, Máx = 289ms, Med = 263ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Usuario>

Sorry for bad traduction

But thanks.
In response to Link_t79
Link_t79 wrote:
BYOND worked almost every day, until i update it. I followed the instructions but nothing worked :/

In this case, please check your firewall/router, but especially Mcaffe again.
Some of the more aggressive and overprotective software runs 'version checks', which means you have to set them up again after an update (or disable the stupid hash check ;)).
now it give me this error...
Error: failed to open server port!
thanks for help
In response to Link_t79
In most every case that was reported, it was a firewall blocking the communication. Which is why I asked you to double and triple check that all of your firewalls allow all three main executables of BYOND any form of communication they need.

Lummox JR wrote[link]:
A firewall is most definitely responsible here. Inability to open a server port on the pager is indicative that something in the OS is blocking access.

A while back I found something that may be of help in trying to find firewalls that could block your connection:

http://www.trolly.homepage.t-online.de/tools.html

I haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for it, but it's one way you can discover what's blocking byond.exe and the other apps (also dreamseeker.exe and dreamdaemon.exe need to be able to run).

If you see that your firewall has exceptions for these programs, do not assume those exceptions are foolproof. Check to make sure that the firewall is not doing version checking (i.e., checking a hash of the program to make sure it hasn't changed due to a virus), and if all else fails, completely disable that firewall and see if that fixes things. A while back I had a problem where Norton Internet Security said a program was cleared by the firewall and yet it kept blocking connections--I finally had to simply stop using NIS as my firewall.

Lummox JR
Yeah, it finally worked, it was the firewall of mcafee, thanks for you help