ID:293904

The tutorials are hard to understand and usually not what I am looking for. They need to make it simpler or something. I would also like to know how to put music in a game but not as a verb. To autoplay.
Iain Peregrine wrote:
You may find that reading and understanding the BYOND Guide is tough, but that's only because programming is tough; it's not like anything else you've done before, and you have to learn from scratch. If you try to take shortcuts and learn "on the fly" or from snippets here and there, you'll be wasting your own time. The best and fastest way to learn to program is by reading the DM Guide and playing with the code in there.

One more note: Programming is a discipline. It takes training your mind to think logically and it takes training yourself to spot tiny differences in text.

You have to learn to read and try to understand the information provided for you as well.
As an example, the posting you just created is in the completely wrong forum as the description "Please post your ideas, suggestions, or issues about the BYOND Help Guild here." implies.

What you are looking for is the Developers forum.

As for your proposal concerning the guide, I'd like to hint at AZA attempting to reworking it.
So, that's where you should direct constructive feedback.