ID:293905

They're illegal on byond, correct? And if so, how does one go about reporting someone that is using one to steal icons?
As it is troublesome for the BYOND staff to determine who stole from whom, I'd say you are better off with a lawyer (unless you are using copyrighted material yourself, like Naturo/Bleach/DBZ/..., in which case, a thief is being stolen from ;)).
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I figured proving it would be difficult. However, I did indeed create the icons and so did several others. Yet the person who is being accused of stealing, openly admitted to using an RSC extractor, using a proxy to keep himself from being IP banned.
If you created the icons and can genuinely prove it, you can take legal action against them for distributing copyrighted work. Even though things like fan games can't be copyrighted, original art you create in partial are copyrighted.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
As it is troublesome for the BYOND staff to determine who stole from whom, I'd say you are better off with a lawyer (unless you are using copyrighted material yourself, like Naturo/Bleach/DBZ/..., in which case, a thief is being stolen from ;)).

Basically, if everything is 100% legal/legit u can take action otherwise you'll pick up a double-edged sword, even if your edge may be smaller